WANTED : 2200 jabiru engine oil cooler

lyle janke

hi All

anyone have an oil cooler surplus to there requirements that i could buy . the jabiru gold -plated model is a little out of my pocket i i can source a replacement would be good 

let me know what you have 

lyle

I have one that only got a couple of hours’ use (I was trying a NACA duct intake and it was a dismal failure, sovi went back to the old one.)

It’s shorter and deeper than the original, but should have years of life ahead.

hi 

could you tell me how close to these measurements the cooler is 

size is 280mm x 120mm  x 40mm

please

Edited by lyle janke
spelling error

Sorry about the delay; first time I couldn’t quickly lay my hands on something in my shed.

Time for a clean-out/tidy-up!

It’s a bit smaller than standard oil cooler that came with my Jab 2.2 but deeper. It seems top have about the same surface area. I guess it depends on how much airflow it gets. My original cooler is out front and keep oil at 85C during summer. In winter I cover most of it with tape and narrow down the outlet flap.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

hi 

as i`m stuck in a remote location i don`t have all i need to mod mounts etc to fit any of the current offered coolers  this would need a new set of brackets to fit & possibly other refinements .

the other off a 6 cyl similiar work to fit  (brackets etc ) so i think i`m stuck with the gold plated jabiru version 

thanks for your time 

lyle 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lyle janke said:

hi 

could you tell me how close to these measurements the cooler is 

size is 280mm x 120mm  x 40mm

please

What happened to your existing one? How much do Jabiru want for their ‘gold plated’ one and do you have a photo of your old one? Because I have a spare 2200 cooler that was supplied by Jabiru, but I believe they have had a couple of different versions!

36 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Jabiru don't usually charge exorbitant prices for their stuff.. Maybe one day the Aviation community will recognise the Contribution made by Rod Stiff. 

I am confident those who know a bit about Jabiru do recognise and appreciate the ongoing contribution made by Rod and many others including their current team who are always very helpful and open with advice and support which is mostly reciprocated by supporting the factory. Nothing wrong with trying to save a few bucks by hunting around. Nothing Jabiru sell is gold plated when compared with Rotax Continental or Lycoming which is something we easily loose sight of sometimes, that is just how spoilt we are by this local product.

• Like 1

hi  

current replacement cost of a 2200 engine cooler  is $495  another contributor pointed to a unit in the states priced at  approx $260AU  similar units supplied from aust  around 1/2 price 

5 hours ago, derekliston said:

What happened to your existing one? How much do Jabiru want for their ‘gold plated’ one and do you have a photo of your old one? Because I have a spare 2200 cooler that was supplied by Jabiru, but I believe they have had a couple of different versions!

it has an impact in lower LH region of cooler (see white mark )which has split the core . this was lucki;ly discovered after a short flight before the sump emptied 

this is the version of cooler i`m looking for , the offerings so far would all need a modified bkt to fit & time to fit in the bush  + time which i`m short of planning trip to town in 3 weeks so need a direct fit replacement  even if reluctantly have to shell for the expensive one jabiruoilcoolerfrt.thumb.JPG.04d04c59fe956f4c01243f7c38a1cd54.JPG

57 minutes ago, lyle janke said:

hi

thanks  was this originally mounted on grommets ?  let do a deal

how do you want to contact me 

thanks lyle

It was mounted on grommets. I did say somewhere just send me a postal address by text to 0412244489 and I will get it straight in the post to you. I will let you know the P&P cost after I post it but don’t worry about the cost until after you are sure it is Ok! More important to get you flying again. I’m not interested in ripping you off, it’s been sitting in a box on the shelf for a while. If you can get the address to me I’ll try to get it in the post this afternoon.

• Helpful 1