Blockies

I was in Hobart on Saturday and noticed a light aircraft doing fairly steep turns over the city.  Wondered what he was up to so flicked on FlightRadar24 and was quite surprised when I saw his track.

Almost looks like he's flying over all the roads in the CBD - same angles.  Privately owned C182 RG.  Any guesses as to what he'd be up to?

PS don't say "cropdusting"...

Screenshot_20240203-121836.png

Edited by Marty_d

41 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

I was in Hobart on Saturday and noticed a light aircraft doing fairly steep turns over the city.  Wondered what he was up to so flicked on FlightRadar24 and was quite surprised when I saw his track.

Almost looks like he's flying over all the roads in the CBD - same angles.  Privately owned C182 RG.  Any guesses as to what he'd be up to?

PS don't say "cropdusting"...

Screenshot_20240203-121836.png

He wanted to draw a cool pattern on flight radar😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sfGnome said:

Updating the pictures for google maps? The detailed ‘satellite’ photos in those maps are done from aircraft. 

well there you go, i always thought they were satellite photos

3 hours ago, sfGnome said:

Updating the pictures for google maps? The detailed ‘satellite’ photos in those maps are done from aircraft. 

Nearmap is a private system with high definition virtually down to the ground. Its used by Councils to check those illegal building jobs etc.

• Informative 1

How could WE do without Vigilant Shy Cancels spending our ever increasingly large. rate money instead of doing things like removing dangerous tree branches overhanging roads and Power lines. Getting rid of BLACKBERRIES weeds. etc

• Agree 1