Ground Effect Vehicle from Singapore

Called the Airfish 8 because it carries up to 8 passengers (plus a crew of 2).

50 minutes ago, red750 said:

Called the Airfish 8 because it carries up to 8 passengers (plus a crew of 2).

I was trying to be slighly funny, like the boat i saw at the ramp a few weeks ago.  "Unsinkable 3" what happened to 1 and 2 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Research "Flightship" and you will discover what caused the project to be renamed and owner to relocate overseas.

Its a great concept for many reasons, and hope they succeed.

• Informative 1

Interesting. A mate that tested the Cairns ones back in the 90’s told me how his back was after it belly flopped from about 4 meters. He was not impressed with the stall effect.  He said eventual plan was to be a small Boeing jet capacity and do Brisbane to Mackay in 4 hours and operate in 4 meter wave height seas.

• Informative 1

EVEN "Flying" Boats aren't that successful when they do a wobbly with the wing tip floats and then there's that lovely SALT environment. .  Nev

The issue with the business model, like most, is that its "cost" incentive driven as opposed to "performance" incentive driven; broadly one of the two above dynamics never end well for anybody due to the presiding entity calling the shots... Someone mentioned the word Boeing; yes, exactly, case in point.

• Like 1