I haven't even taken off...

Guest coolmango

Guest coolmango

Hi all. Well at 41 I am about to follow my dreams. In fact I hope I am going to do what I always thought was impossible - start slow have fun, and finally end up with a new career.

Anyway I am looking forward to my adventure. I am hoping to write a dirary of my experience. my first lesson is on Friday 8:00am. I guess I will be there early.

I always thouht I would never follow my dreams - to expensive blaa blaa.

However I reciently heard and had verified of a "new" CPL pilot being employed and put through "the training" (???) for jet aircraft the airline use. Nothing special except this guy is 61 and was a retied plumber who had never even flown in a plane until he started to learn to fly. Apprently he only had the absolute basics to qualify for the job ... How do I know ? Many of my friends work for this particular airline, and I also met the bloke myself as I am ever the sceptic..... There is such a shortage the opportunty to follow my dreams is too great !

So. I am just looking at baby steps and can't wait to enjoy the ride.

How Green am I ? As green to flying gets... :rotary:

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif coolmango that first lesson is your downfall you are hocked that thing money ians:confused: laundry:off topic: is what it all about like you it was i thought it would be out of my reach but with a good instructor you will get there an d you are only 41 lets see you at 42 fully certified in raa all the best neil

Guest Bretto

welcome to site coolmango

The training that you described for CPL pilot is whats called a cadetship, there are a couple of companies now that part or fully fund the course on the provision you sign a contract to stay with that company for x amount of time

If you have the funds to pay for it yourself there are a LOT of VERY reputable training organisations out there for you to conduct your training

Good luck with it all and look forward to seeing your progress