Penfield?

Guest aaronb

Guest aaronb

With Poiny Cook looking of closing up, the future of my school is looking grim, think a head it looks like i might have to go to penfield to fly

the only planes they offer that i like are the texan and the storch

does anyone fly at penfield? and can tell me what the school\planes are like? and also people who fly either the texan and storch any feedback would help very much?

thanks all shifty06

Guest Prometheus

Whoaaaaaa........??????? What the?????

Point Cook closing?

Just had a look at the Threads in "Announcements" Explains everything.

Sent an email off to both the Minister and Senator Macdonald.

It's a sad period indeed for Australian Aviation and history in general.

Prometheus

Hi Shifty

Making the decision what aircraft you are going to fly and train in can actually be a lot harder than one might think! If you are going toPenfield you will have a choice of Gazelle, Drifter,CT-2K and of course the Fly Synthesis Texan TC and Storch.All these types are great Aircraft and it will in the end be up to you with a personal choice. I have flown all these types with the exeption of the CT. To answer your question about the Texan and the Storch they are both very nice aircraft. Both are excelent performers but you need to fly them to make up your own mind. Have a go and have fun! Isn't it great to have so many choices.........!

Regards

Ed

Guest Prometheus

Shifty,

sorry I didn't actually answer your question earlier - the news put me in shock. I did my first flight ever in a 1FTS CT-4 at Point Cook back in 1989 whilst I was in the AIRTC.

Getting to your question Penfield is probably a little more relaxed than Oasis flight training. But the standard of training is fairly high. I suggest you go in and speak to Terry or Rod and ask as many questions as you like. Go for a fly in the CT or Texan or Storch or Gazelle and go from there! If you're not comfortable with either the school or aircraft, shop around. At the end of the day it's your time, and your money!

Good luck!

Guest Fred Bear

Perhaps you could try Tooradin also again if you're not sure about Sunbury/Penfield. There are 5 aircraft down there for you to choose from and they have a high standard of instruction from what I'm hearing and one hell of a lot of students / proficient pilots. Have just been speaking to someone that learns there and on Sat they had the launch of their social group. There were over 100 people who attended the BBQ on Sat night. That's great news for the school with so many people interested, it can't be a bad thing.

• 1 month later...
Guest AusDarren

Oasis for the Moment is staying right where they are..

I went for a fly this morning, and spoke to Kris about it.

They have a lease, and may be relocated to another site on the field.

The great thing about Oasis is being both a GA & RAAus School, one flight review keeps you going both sides of the fence for another 2 years.

Regards,

AusDarren