Moving to a new home

Matt

Not so much a trip report today as a destination report...as the trip was actually quite short. After 3 months back home in Melbourne we've finally secured a hangar for our CT4 at Kyneton. The plan was to relocate yesterday but the weather in Melbourne wasn't on my side...cloud on the ground. Fast forward to today and it's not much better but good enough for the short sprint from Penfield to Kyneton via Lancefield. The cloud base was solid and sitting around 3000', as I approached Lancefield and made the turn for Kyneton, the cloud stopped and it was clear blue skies north of the Macedon ranges...another reason for relocating from Penfield!

After a few minutes on the ground, it was now too nice a day to spend inside so we went for a quick trip up to Bendigo, made use of the BP bowser...and suffered some "sticker shock" - AVGAS at $1.89 per litre and we took 120L to fill the tanks. We also made use of Ray's hospitality again and had a cuppa and some mini chocolate bars...just what the doctor ordered as once again we'd forgotten about lunch on a flying day!

Anyhow, here's some pics of our new airfield and the CT4's new home.

Hey Matt - $1.96 here in Echuca 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

What do you think of the ski-lift at the north end of the strip? :big_grin:

The first visit there I landed twice!!

regards

LOL, know what you mean about the ski lift...both landings today were a little questionable...just when I thought the tyres were going to kiss the tarmac the ground dropped away. Think it'll take a few more goes to figure that end out!

$1.96...bloody hell!!! We'll planning on getting up to Echuca in the next couple of trips, also to Shepparton...need to find out when all the BBQs are on :thumb_up:...Kaz needs to add those to the Events calendar!

Guest pelorus32

G'day Matt,

it's not just the big hump at the north end but also the uneven surface I reckon. First time I took off there I thought I was going to bounce into the air!

The "event" at Shepparton is a weekly sit down lunch at 12:30pm every Saturday. If you know you are going to be coming then a quick phone call will ensure there's enough for you!

Two other events are in a PM to Kaz.

Regards

Mike

Guest brentc

Is the Shep thing a regular? If so I'll come up this Saturday.

Again I'm amazed when I see pictures of Kyneton and the number of hangars there.

I recall the last fly-in not long ago and believe me 90% of the landings were horrors!

Guest pelorus32
Is the Shep thing a regular? If so I'll come up this Saturday.Again I'm amazed when I see pictures of Kyneton and the number of hangars there.

I recall the last fly-in not long ago and believe me 90% of the landings were horrors!

Yes it has been very regular.

M