Syndicate

Guest keiran ryan

Guest keiran ryan

Hi fellow flyers,

I am starting a syndicate to be based at Tyabb and would love to hear from anyone who may be interested in joining.

Would like to limit the syndicate to four members which is a good size for balancing access and cost sharing.

We have two starters already so there is an opportunity for two more to join us.

We are looking to buy a quality aeroplane that best suits the needs of the group. With so many great choices out there, deciding what to buy is an interesting exercise but will ultimately depend on what the group thinks is best for their needs.

So far I have flown 9 different types and have developed a check list to help compare them; two more test flights are planned.

If anyone is seriously interested it is probably best to PM me for more details.

Hope this wind stops soon!!

Keiran:welcome:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi fellow flyers,I am starting a syndicate to be based at Tyabb and would love to hear from anyone who may be interested in joining.

Would like to limit the syndicate to four members which is a good size for balancing access and cost sharing.

We have two starters already so there is an opportunity for two more to join us.

We are looking to buy a quality aeroplane that best suits the needs of the group. With so many great choices out there, deciding what to buy is an interesting exercise but will ultimately depend on what the group thinks is best for their needs.

So far I have flown 9 different types and have developed a check list to help compare them; two more test flights are planned.

If anyone is seriously interested it is probably best to PM me for more details.

Hope this wind stops soon!!

Keiran:welcome:

How is the syndicate going? What type of aircraft did you end up getting?

Hi, we ended up selecting a Jabiru J230D, picked her up late Nov/early Dec. She is excellent! She flies well, has plenty of power (useful in windy conditions), and has room in the back for luggage and folding bicycles, which was another important factor, since we all wanted to do some cross-country travel. The engine runs on avgas and also on ULP, which is also handy in remote areas (we have used ULP at several locations for top up). We are using google calendar and google spreadsheet to keep track of bookings, hours, finances. So far, so great. There are 5 in our syndicate, all get on really well. We would consider adding to the group, because it seems there is plenty of time available for other flyers, based upon current schedules.:yin_yan: