HOPETOUN (YHPN) Mini FLY-IN 3 AUGUST 2008

Guest Bendorn

Guest Bendorn

Greetings all. :thumb_up:

I'm hosting a mini FLY-IN at Hopetoun, Vic (YHPN) on 3 August 2008.

I'm trying to drum up interest in starting a club and perhaps training here.

Slarty, Matt and Kaz and Big Pete are heading over and fingers crossed, some lads from Mildura and Horsham way too.

If you're not doing much that day and fancy a BBQ and an opportunity to check out a few different types of aircraft and see if you can talk some locals here into taking up the challenge to defy gravity..... Head over this way.

Arrivals from about 1000 hrs for a midday $5.00 BBQ and refreshments.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RSVP by 30 July via this thread or Private Message so I can arrange catering or you can get me on 0438 079 715.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bendorn

So far, it looks like we'll have:

1 x CT4

1 x Jab LSA

1 x J160

1 x Cheetah

1 x Tecnam

2 x Airborne Micros (maybe 4)

1 x KR2

+ Ramcam's 'Mildura Crew' if available.

...... and lobbying for a special guest speaker......;)

I was hoping for a dozen aircraft, looking good so far!!!:thumb_up:

I take it GA is welcome as well. We have a good friend in Hopetoun and haven't been there for awhile. Just need to talk the co-pilot into it. Hope to see you there

Terry

Guest Bendorn

GA Welcome

I take it GA is welcome as well. We have a good friend in Hopetoun and haven't been there for awhile. Just need to talk the co-pilot into it. Hope to see you thereTerry

Terry, if it has wings (engine optional, but preferable).... Most Welcome.

We'd love to see the Gazelle Ian, you can come too if you want. Sorry, it's 2.30 am and I'm pretty tired. 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif Busy night in the Mallee.

Ben

Guest Bendorn

NUMBERS ARE UP

Had a phone call from Paul in Mildura. He'll be down with at least and SK and 2xSP's. Possibly more.

Wimmera Mail Times will be covering it as well as the Hopetoun Courier. I'll get something in the Weekly Times too.

Fingers crossed for great weather.

:thumb_up: Ben

Fuel was covered earlier in this thread.

Ben

I can't find anything about fuel earlier and there is nothing mentioned in the ERSA.

Will AvGas be available there or should we refuel in Swan Hill when coming from my way?

Regards Geoff

Guest Bendorn

FUEL ISSUE

There isn't fuel at Hopetoun.

24hrs BP at Swan Hill and Horsham I believe.

Is this going to be an issue for me address?

Does anyone have a suggestion? If the fuel of the day is AvGas, can it be brought in for the day or ordered.... I have no idea?

?????????

Is this going to be an issue for me address?

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it Ben.

In my case, and I'm sure in most others, I would just leave 30 minutes earlier and drop in to Swan Hill on the way in & out.

The main thing is that attendees just need to know.

No worries.

You would be better spending your time arranging the dancing girls and the free grog.

Regards Geoff

Guest Bendorn
You would be better spending your time arranging the dancing girls and the free grog.

Regards Geoff

I hear ya.... I hear ya....

Fuel at YHPN

G'day Ben,

:thumb_up:Avgas is available at Warracknabeal about 35 miles south, should anybody be looking for it. It's just a phone call away through the YWKB Aeroclub.

Good luck with the fly-in.

Cheers

Ferris

Guest Bendorn

Growing and Growing

Ken Evers from the Bendigo Flying Club was in Hopetoun this morning in a Piper Archer II. He took myself and a work collegue for a quick aerial tour of the area.

I've told him all about my fly-in and thinks he can get 10 planes across for the day!!!!

Best guestimate so far is 25.........

PS.

The start of 19 is a bit bumpy.

It's going to be great to see you all.

Looks like my dad is coming with me. He just has to change his Rotary "Trash 'n' Treasure" shift. He was born in Hopetoun and is looking forward to going back.

He hasn't been there since last weekend.025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

I think I'll be heading over Saturday and back Monday. Maybe a stop at Yarrawonga to visit one of my dad's brothers, then from there Sunday? Maybe I can convince the 3rd brother to fly his trike from Benalla.

With a toun of hope (nice pun Captain),

Ross

Guest Bendorn

Here's my promo going to the shops, papers, schools, footy clubs etc etc.

I was on 3WM and 3SH radio on Wednesday plugging it.

Meeting with the Mayor tonight to discuss it. The council are really pro for this and hoping for an ongoing aviation enterprise there.

Any manufacturers out there? Maybe a consortium? Would Jabiru open a southern factory? Ian - The Millenium Master Factory? Look at all that space...........

Hopetoun Fly-In.pdf

YHPN.jpg.3703881fb607edbe96b2853f5069b6ee.jpg

Hopetoun Fly-In.pdf

Hopetoun Fly-In.pdf

Yes Geoff , did manage to attend on the Saturday, caught up with the other Geoff. Was a great day, sorry I missed you. Looks like it's all happening at Hopetoun.

Great poster Ben Keep up the good work.

:big_grin::big_grin:

regards

The Flyin is on Sunday how many are going Saturday? And is it worth organizing a Feed at the Pub for Saturday night?

I should be arriving Saturday Geoff. Dad wants to catch up with someone at Tocumwal for lunch, so arriving in the arvo. Not sure about a feed. A relative will pick us up and put us up - probably feed us up too.

Guest Bendorn

Good rain here today. Things are starting to look green. Long range forecast is looking great for the day.

Interviewed today by Wimmera Mail Times and The Weekly Times.

Talking to the High Schools next week and hopefully the footy club will do the BBQ for me.

Not sure what else I can do the get the punters along.

Any Ideas?