Guest Bendorn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bendorn
We'll put a copy of the flyer up in the club rooms at Kyneton, there's an interesting array of aircraft at Kyneton that we may be able to tempt out for the day.Cheers,

Matt.

Please do Matt. I can't walk into a place without getting stopped at the moment. Everyone is asking about it. It looks like it will be a good turn out.

Sounds like you are doing a great job Ben. Keep it up.

If the weather is sweet I'll be there in the 230 with my grandson (who can inhale sausage sangers), but we need to 1st get back home from the Hawthorn - Collywobbles game on the friday night.

Regards Geoff

Weather permitting and with a bit of luck we might have The Whale (C175), a couple of Corby Starlets and a Debonair flying in from down our way.

That would make for an interesting formation flight combination! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Bendorn

I'm pretty pleased with the response that I've had. I've just been down to the local footy club training night and was met by half a dozen blokes keen to learn to fly. I just hope they all turn up on the day.:thumb_up:

Guest Bendorn
Weather permitting and with a bit of luck we might have The Whale (C175), a couple of Corby Starlets and a Debonair flying in from down our way.That would make for an interesting formation flight combination! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

A great combination... Look forward to seeing you then.

Lorraine from Sunraysia Sport Aircraft Club said they'll hopefully have a few coming down too.

Last count was 45 aircraft!!! What a day that would be.......

Guest Decca

Wish I could Terry. (Haven't got know-how or equipment). Weekly Times will still be available at your (Wang) newsagents 'til Tuesday next week, but I'm sure Ben was able to get interviews with other papers too. Hope he has the full collection there on the day.

Decca.

Great article Ben. I didn't realize you were a cop. In Speed of all places keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif - I fondly remember the sign at the edge of town :-

Speed

Please slow down.

My uncle (the one who flies trikes out of Benalla) was your boss not too long ago, and he's from Hopetoun.

This event has the potential to do a lot for Mallee aviation.

Now it's up to the weather.

Guest Bendorn

Yeah, the sign's a doozie. Speed Field Day coming up Aug 6 & 7. I've just built an airstrip there for it.

My phone has rung non stop since the article. I think I'm up to about 52 planes............031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Guest Bendorn

What a day this is turning out to be.

Rob Johns is coming up with a couple of Tecnams. Cliff Banks is coming over in his J170 also.

I need some RSVPs for the BBQ numbers, not to mention parking.

I think the GA aircraft will be on the bitumen and the ultralights on the grass on the southend side of the taxiway.

TIFs will be done for the punters also, if they can find some vacant airspace.

:thumb_up:

RSVPing. Weather is shaping up well. 2 for lunch.

Stinking the house out now with fibreglass repairs to the wheel spats (from a flat tyre months ago and general grass strip abuse). It's too cold outside for fibreglassing.

They'll look a little rough until I can repaint, but at least it will stop the cracks.