New Ops manual this month?

Al B

Guest David C

My mag usually turns up early ... This month , no show !! :confused:... I've seen in at the news stands though. What's going on here ??? ..

Dave C

Guest David C

What a relief .... and here I was thinking I was the only one NOT to have received my mag throught the mail this month :ah_oh:

Dave C

Is anyone asking RAA, where is the mag?

Am I right in assuming that someone, maybe lots of people have actually asked RAA why we are constantly getting the RAA magazine much later than it is available from the newsagents. We rightly so have been bellyaching to each other, but has someone shared this with the people who have the ability to change the delivery schedule?

If anyone has written to RAA and received a reply, please let us know. If no one has yet done this, would anyone like to draft a letter / e-mail to let RAA know of our frustration and disappointment that its members are the ones who are last in the distribution of the magazine which is supposed to be supporting this same membership. I suggest this be made available so we as members can copy the letter and send our collective thoughts to RAA. Perhaps with several dozen / hundreds / thousands of letters, they might take corrective action. I would be happy to draft a letter, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel (wing 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif) if someone else has already done this.

I'm not as peeved off as some have indicated, but I do think it's rude that RAA seem to ignore their own promotion that subscribers will receive the magazine 'direct to your mailbox every month ahead of the newsstands!'

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regard, Mathew

Mathew,

The mailing issue is also a real bug bear to me, and I get heaps of complaints about it. I have brought this issue up at Board level a number of times. We do have a problem with AP but our duty is to our members first, If we miss the G&G deadline - Too Bad. Some Board members claim to never had a complaint about this matter, so my advice is to get on to your local member.

Cheers,

John

Mathew,

The mailing issue is also a real bug bear to me, and I get heaps of complaints about it. I have brought this issue up at Board level a number of times. We do have a problem with AP but our duty is to our members first, If we miss the G&G deadline - Too Bad. Some Board members claim to never had a complaint about this matter, so my advice is to get on to your local member.

Cheers,

John

When you get the new Ops manual I think you will find that there is not much new stuff to absorb. I see the requirement for a duty pilot on a field with more than 1 ultralight is still in there, but I wonder how many people comply. The new stuff such as controlled airspace doesn't come into force until CASA approves it.

The people who will be short of time are those that don't have a computer available.

What I do like is the ability to download the disk onto the computer and not have to have it in the drive whenever you want to refer to it.