• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
bell47

Floating Hull Endorsement Aus

Hi Guys I am looking for any recomendations for anyone who can train and give me a floating hull endorsement, whether it be RA-Aus or GA I am not bothered.

Thank You :)

Google ProSky Maryborough in Queensland, they have a Sea Max flying boat available to train on. It is in for maintenance at the moment but should be back on line soon.

Thank You !, have you flown with these guys ?, do you know what they charge an hour because I can't seem to find a price list on the website

Thank You !, have you flown with these guys ?, do you know what they charge an hour because I can't seem to find a price list on the website

Yes I have done plenty of flying with the CFI and had a ride in the Sea Max with him. Very good pilot & teacher. Sorry not sure of the rates in the Sea Max, my ride was just a lift home after dropping another aircraft to them after maintenance. We did sneak in several water landings - awesome fun!

The Great Sandy Straights between Maryborough and Fraser Island where they operate is just one massive playground in the sea plane. Ideal for training as it offers a great variety of water conditions in just one flight.

• Like 1

A that sounds fantastic mate !, I'll be sure to give the school a ring tomorrow ! And hopefully organise some training !

Thank you !

I did mine with Kevin Bowe in Gympie a few years ago - not sure if he is still doing. He uses a Lake Buccaneer flyingboat

I did mine with Kevin Bowe in Gympie a few years ago - not sure if he is still doing. He uses a Lake Buccaneer flyingboat

Ah fantastic I'll check it out thanks mate !!

It that the Kevin Bowe that owned air Whitsunday, many moons ago??

It that the Kevin Bowe that owned air Whitsunday, many moons ago??

Yes - same Kevin