New RAA Endo's

Guest J430

Morning all,

One to throw a cat amongst the Pidgeons.....

I just received my new RAA membership card and in the list of endorsements (yes I specified a heap I thought I was entitled to, and its come back with LP.

Now what defines LP v HP?

Slowest thing I have been PIC in was a Gazelle when I did my training, fastest RAA unit is a few hours on the ESQUAL with a lecky CS unit. Not that it really bothers me, but what does this mean in REAL terms for others. As for HP machines I have logged plenty in more complex Cessna Beechcraft even a few B767!

So Does this now stop me flying a mates ESQUAL?

Yes I know I can ring RAA however they have limited resources to answer dumbish questions and I gather the new Ops Manual will explain it when we get it, but it may well be worths sharing this amongst everyone.

And who was it that said RAA will become more complex, and leave behind its simple and cost effective nature!

J:thumb_up:

Guest ozzie

Good Luck

I am still waiting on a reply as to what 'provisional rego' means and what changes if any are there compared to my past regos.

Ozzie - Provisional rego is usually the time between initial inspection of an amateur built aircraft and the completion of the test period finalisation form, once the test period hours have been flown off. Provisional rego is subject to the Annex which will have been sent out with the provisional rego certificate.

J430 - LP/HP is cut off at a normal cruise speed of 80kts. Yes, the new Ops Manual will cover that. The Gazelle sits on the fence and so you should end up with HP and LP (in my view). If people want to add endoresements that they have from GA or other source, then a copy of the endoresement entry in your logbook will need to be sent to the office.

If youhave time in a LP aircraft like Thruster / Drifter etc, or HP like the esqual / J230 etc and it is not registered on your certificate, by all means, call the office, or fax a copy of the missing aircraft log book page showing flights in said aircraft and get the staff to add the endorsement on to your certificate.

Chris

TechMan

No problems their I see the idea and agree........BUT!

I send a fax with all my renewal stuff, and a copy of my CASA Lic with all the endorsements........surely that EQUALS a HP kind of guy!

J

Turns out they never realised that copies of CASA higher performance category licences would also qualify and be better evidence than copies of pages from a log book which might or might not be true!

All is good now! Records fixed!

J:thumb_up:

Guest ozzie

Techman. why after 3 years with full rego was it put onto provisional? this was not a new aircraft but one that was originally built in '82 and refurbed . Never received any annex. Never received at any time documentation referring that there was/is a test period to fly off.

Ozzie