Avgas or Mogas

Guest Whisper

Guest Whisper

I run a 120 HP Jabiru motor 6 cylinder and get different opinions about whether to use Mogas or Avgas.With theprice of Avgas Mogas looks like a good alternative.Your opinions please?

The biggest factor is the quality. 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Avgas is a known standard. :thumb_up:

Mogas is not. :yuk: It could at anytime contain Ethanol. thumb_down (this will eat your fuel tanks) .How clean is it? :ah_oh: You need to be very sure of the quality.

Lets see - to fill up I need to buy 120 litres, put it into jerry cans, transport it, lift it or pump it into the aircraft. When away I have to carry empty containers. I recon It would be a real pain. thumb_down Not to mention the safety aspects. 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Do like I do and fly your Jabiru 3 months (price wise compared to Mogas) in the future. In other words what you pay for Avgas now will be the normal auto price in around three months.

:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

my $1.96 worth (price of a litre of Avgas in Echuca)

regards

I used mogas in a 1.6 Jab, but found that Avgas ran cooler, so I stick with it even with a 2.2 Jab engine. The cost of fuel is not that much different for the peace of mind offered, but there have been major problems with Avgas at times.