Al Gore supporters fly into large CB

Guest High Plains Drifter

All part of evolution, which I happen to believe in

With all the human genetic engineering and electronic implants research ideas being bandied around, I sometimes wonder just 'what' we humans will evolve to next - maybe we just become packets of electronic info (Spirit) inhabiting whatever 'body' we choose.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, environmental pressures(...evolution!) will make the diference in the end. To say exactly how the human race will meet it's end is as bad a theory as human induced global warming. I was reading a website last night called ICECAP. Leamen Bros were big movers and shakers on pushing for investment in anti-carbon out to a century in the future.(You should read their pedigree) Yet, they couldn't predict their downfall less than a year later. Makes you feel so confident in "expert opinion"

Science Fantasy! should be left to the bargain tray at the local bookshop.

OK, we are all lead to believe that China is on a one child kick. The families are prefering only boy children and are aborting females in the hope of getting only a son....thats the story we are being fed. One thing that struck me and wife in particular during the openess of the olympics in Beijing. A camera crew was in a primary school. My wife picked it up first. The class was nearly three quarters girls???? One class doesn't make a whole country but very strange that that particular class had more girls than boys. SO a theory could be that China wants the world to believe they are trying to rein in their population by literally breeding themselves out of existence by breeding only boys all the while breeding up a huge population to flood the world like the theory of the yellow horde of old!

Sounds far fetched. doesn't it? AGW is based upon similar tenuos "facts" Think about it!

I agree with the previous poster. Science fantasy should be disregarded as should other theories cobbled up in one's imagination while watching tv. The real things to watch are the disappearance of the north polar and Greenland ice sheets and the seriously constructed opinions of real scientists. This thread has become as Mozartmerv described another thread...circular. One either believes the great wieght of serious science evidence that has been presented by groups such as the CSIRO or you may say I don't want to believe. Trying to support such a position with nebulous,tv-watching theories don't work. Don.

Science fantasy should be disregarded as should other theories cobbled up in one's imagination while watching tv. The real things to watch are the disappearance of the north polar and Greenland ice sheets and the seriously constructed opinions of real scientists.

I agree Methusala, I try to aviod the ABC/SBS indoctrination.

Some extracts from an article from the Telegraph -

Recent events have seen the scare campaign over global warming descend to the level of a Monty Python sketch.

Much publicity was given, for instance, to Lewis Gordon Pugh, who set out to paddle a kayak to the Pole to demonstrate the vanishing of the Arctic ice. At 80.5 degrees north, still 600 miles short of his goal, he met with ice so thick that he and his fossil-fuelled support ship had to turn back. But this did not prevent him... boasting that he had travelled "further north than anyone has kayaked so far".

It took the admirable Watts Up With That blog, run by the American meteorologist Anthony Watts, to point out that in 1893 the Norwegian explorer Fridtjof Nansen found the Arctic so ice-free that he was able to kayak above 82 degrees north, 100 miles nearer the Pole than our hapless campaigner against "unprecedented global warming".

Polar Defense Project Deletes The Tough Questions Watts Up With That?

Climate change chicanery - Telegraph

What is CSIRO’s stance on climate change?

From the CSIRO website

Scientific evidence suggests:

climate change is real and underway because the scientific evidence for global warming is compelling

most of the warming of the past 50 years is due to human activities

climate change will continue throughout this century

we contribute to, and support the assessments of IPCC

there is great value in understanding the likely impacts to reduce damage and increase benefits

to tackle the problem, we need to:

o

obtain better information about impending climate change

o

adapt to the likely climate changes

o

mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.

full text at CSIRO and climate change: questions and answers (Fact Sheet)

If climate change is merely "science fantasy" what do you make of CSIROs position?

If the theory is just bad science then what does that say about the majority of the scientific community. I am sure you can always find the odd dissenting opinion but then I will bet you can find a few doctors who would disagree with the link between smoking and lung cancer.

If CSIRO (and most other credible scientific organisations) is so wrong, what is you theory, is it incompetence or deliberate deception?

And presumably these oragnisations must also faced with funding cuts

NASA

The British Royal Society

European Academy of Sciences and Arts

National Research Council (US)

Federation of American Scientists

World Meteorological Organisation

American Meteorological Society

Do you really think that CSIRO scientists are deceiving us to keep its funding? Do you think they also deceive us in other areas?, are you saying we cant trust any information coming from CSIRO or just that information that may be unpalatable.

As far as RA goes the fuel we use is truly a drop in the ocean compared to cars. Personaly I think we should be should be seriously interested in alternative fuels for cars so that petroleum can be save for the truly important such as ashphalt (no point in cars without roads) plastics and of course fuel for our RA aircraft:thumb_up:

If I may be indulgent for a moment I would like to point out to HPD in my most modest way that it is a trap to try to argue against a general theory by citing a particular instant. I ( am not a scientist) believe that GW is a process overlaying the general atmospheric system. Cycles will take place, events contrary to our general expectations will occur. My point is to return (see what I mean about the cyclical nature of this post) to the precautionary principle and take note of what those trained and involved in research are saying. Don.

What I'm yet to see is any real physical evidence of the AGW claims. The computer models showed the increasing global temps as evidence of 'AGW' ...problem is the recent unforecast global cooling. Methinks climate is a naturaly dynamic and changing entity :thumb_up:

• 1 month later...

Please note that the earth is a closed weather sphere. The fact is that if you increase the amount of energy contained within a closed system then the activity within that closed system is sure to increase. I refer,of course, to the reclaiming and subsequent release of energy stored for unimaginable time in caboniferous fuels. Whether the latest storm activity in Brizzy is related to this is for time and wise men to determine but if one was forced to make a wager.... well, let's see! Don.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

What I'm yet to see is any real physical evidence of the AGW claims. :thumb_up:

I'm with HPD

. Whether the latest storm activity in Brizzy is related to this is for time and wise men to determine but if one was forced to make a wager.... well, let's see! Don.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I can't see where all the hysteria comes from, look back 100 yrs, there was drought, storms, rain, snow so whats different. As we start to develop this fine land of ours we change the shape dramatically, new water courses new valleys etc. As we change this we will change the way the weather travels as the wind has new paths to follow etc. The Gap in Brizzie is a fine example it has been stripped of alot of trees, estates have been cut out of the mountains and alot more area is covered by houses. Isn't it true that windspeed can be increased when flowing between buildings and the like. Everyone needs to realise that old mother earth has a lifespan to and no matter what we do or not it will make no difference in the end.