New Jabiru Prop Design Available?

Alan

Anybody know any details of a rumoured new type of propeller (curved leading edge) that is becoming available for the Jabiru 230 (3300 Engine). Is it true? What are the gains? Any more rain resistance?

Alan

It's a standard Sensenich wooden prop optimised to the particular Australian Jabiru model. (different to USA models) I have a similar one on my 2200 Jab powered Sonex (54x44). They are made out of a harder wood, I think it's American White Beech. The leading edge protection is hard epoxy and I have found myself in light to moderate rain with no apparent ill effects. Smooth running and well finished item. Be aware that the prop torque and fasting to the hub are a little different to the standard Jab props; I'd look up the Sensenich web site and talk to Jabiru before fitting one.

And the one on BNP is a nice piece of gear.

At similar loads on board (OK ours was a bit heavier 50kg approx) RS climbed away like rocket compared to mine with the standard prop.

The first batch arrives this week I believe.

If you need a new one or think your old one would make a good spare they would be worth the $$$.

J

Sensenich.

They heve been making wooden props for ever. Regarding rain, even metal props will degrade in rain wher the blade speed is over 400 mph. Not like a wooden prop but not immune. Hail is much worse. Nev..