• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
red750

Oakdale NSW crash - One Dead

Reports that a small plane, 2 seater according to Sky News, has crashed at Oakdale, south-west of Sydney, with the loss of one life. It is unknown if a second person was aboard.

Light plane crashes near Oakdale in Sydney's west

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

News footage clearly shows the registration . The aircraft is a Drifter Fisher Mk1 Sport . I believe I know the pilot , and at this stage I can't confirm his identity or whether he is the deceased .

RIP ..

If this is the drifter from the oaks I hope the pilot is not the man name starting with S?

how was the weather in that area on friday

The weather was perfect flying weather , nil cloud , hardly any wind and viz almost unlimited . Weather could not have been an issue .

Dave

Just reviewed my photos and video footage of this aircraft and the pilot. Very sad.

Indeed he was a lovely,kind and generous bloke . I knew him for a long time. , always had time and a good word to say about fellow aviators . He leaves a wife and young daughter I understand .

R.I.P my old mate .

Dave

Something must have gone seriously wrong to leave that impact mark.

impact.jpg.4e9ed1ef25244ff594a5b7553824ae88.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

And the experts start speculating again, amazing how armchairs give expertise without even seeing the evidence. What is the point of having an enquiry when you guys have it all sussed. Remember someone is dead, your opinions matter not at all because you dont know untill the evidence is in.

• Agree 2

And the experts start speculating again, amazing how armchairs give expertise without even seeing the evidence. What is the point of having an enquiry when you guys have it all sussed. Remember someone is dead, your opinions matter not at all because you dont know untill the evidence is in.

You just want white space and no lessons at all?

Unless ATSB step in there will be no report.

• Agree 3

I think as pilots and armchair experts as we would like to call us would like to know what happend. And turbo is right we will never find what happend to this pilot and his aircraft.

• Agree 1