• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
FIL65

Savannah S Dreaming

Been a few months so I thought I would give a quick update on my build progress.

The past few months have been spent deburring and prepping for alodining while still recovering from my surgery which has not been 100% successful.

The fuselage is nearing completion to a point where it is ready for paint. Just waiting for some undercarriage components to come back from the powdercoaters and my 21x8.00x6 main tyres to arrive so I can get it on wheels and move it from my build table.

I've finished the rudder, elevator and 2 flaperons and should have the remaining control surfaces finished by the end of this week or early next week.

I have upgraded the UHMW block on the nose gear to 10mm to provide a larger bearing surface. And also replaced all the brass bushes with oversize 8mm O/D Teflon ones.

Wings should be on the build table in the next couple of weeks.

Avionic will be MGL. I am going with a 8.5" iEFIS Lite for my primary display and a Mini ETreme EFIS as my secondary display. This will give me the ability to have my flight instruments on the primary screen and engine instruments on the secondary and be able to switch between the 2 should I have a failure with one. I will also use the new MGL V16 radio which can be controlled from the displays also and not require a head unit. There will also be a iPad running OzRunways for navigation.

I have decided on going down a slightly different path with my engine and will be rebuilding a 912ULS using Edge Performance parts. The build will consist of a big bore kit, performance camshaft and 4 into 1 EFI system. This should produce figures of around 123 hp. ( The guys at Edge have been dynoing standard 912ULS's and getting figures around 86hp, so I should get around 36 hp more than standard) A tuned exhaust will be the final part of the engine build in the future when Danny and Mark have that available. Just looking for a doner time expired 912ULS post 2006 build???? The engine build should be around the cost of a new 912ULS.

Cheers Phil

[ATTACH]37274[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37275[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37276[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37277[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37278[/ATTACH]

Hi Fil,

Are these oversize 8mm O/D Teflon bushes commercially available off-the-shelf? If so, where did you buy them?