Rain, Rain and more rain.

Deskpilot

Guest Maj Millard

I have been chatting with Tomo via PM and he has been getting good rain at his place. The bad news is by the look of the BOM it might all end today, at least in his area..........Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G'day S-E, yes it's been drizzling since Sunday Evening, awesome soaking in rain!

I think we've had... hang on I'll go and check.... about 80mm's so far.

Hopefully it will try and hang around for a day or two longer! :)

G'day S-E, yes it's been drizzling since Sunday Evening, awesome soaking in rain! I think we've had... hang on I'll go and check.... about 80mm's so far.

Hopefully it will try and hang around for a day or two longer! :)

80mm??? Here in Adelaide this year, I've only has 20mm in my rain guage with 2mm of that falling early last week.

We've got forecast showers for the end of the week, I bet it rains for my planned flight to Renmark next Monday though!

Can I post a link to my personal webpage which has got my Automatic Weather Station (AWS) broadcasting on to it on this website?

I'm sure you could Mike, I for one would be interested in seeing it.

I wouldn't get to Jealous yet, this is pretty much the only rain we've had for..........??

Just clicked over the 100mm since Sunday evening. :thumb_up:

If you like you can ring 07 4668 0511 and you'll get a recorded weather briefing from about 800mtrs from our place. Saves walking outside and getting wet! :big_grin:

Guest Sharp End
Just clicked over the 100mm since Sunday evening. :thumb_up:

Cool... next week we'll have to go for a fly out west and check out all the greenery! It's been nissing pewts here but today's looking a bit less watery... :big_grin:

Cool... next week we'll have to go for a fly out west and check out all the greenery! It's been nissing pewts here but today's looking a bit less watery... :big_grin:

The rain stopped last night, so I reckon that could be it for out here for time being. Was very nice indeed!

Come on out S E, if you reckon you could negotiate a gravel strip, you could even pop in for a visit out this way.....? Our strip will be US due to black soil, but the gravel one down the road at another neighbours place is usually in good nick, due to crop dusters operating off it regularly.

Let me know if your interested and I'll send you some co-ords. (and check the strip)

I flew into Cunnamulla from Brisbane today and the area around St George is amazing. A third of the countryside is water. The rivers spilling out everywhere also look pretty amazing also.

The countryside is so green and it will be amazing flying out this way and especially out towards the Cooper Creek area once the low has passed through. If only they could hurry up with my Jab at the factory and I could check it out myself! 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Tomo,You have PM.

S-E

I have got PM.

You have now, another PM.

As promised, here are the links to the two strips, mine is 'Tomo's strip', and the other gravel one is 'Armstrong's strip.

BTW, you'll need Google earth to open them up, hope that's Ok.

Regards,

TomosStrip.kmz

Armstrong's strip.kmz

TomosStrip.kmz

Armstrong's strip.kmz

TomosStrip.kmz

Armstrong's strip.kmz

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo, You must owe me a carton by now, even if my prediction was slightly to the West. I'll also have a look at 'Armstrongs' Strip OK. ...........................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

No worries Maj... 'sept I don't get dat stuff! ;)

Had more than two inches since yesterday lunch probably nearly 3 by now, still raining now, and looks like it will for most of the day... just awesome!

Roads are starting to flood... now the fun starts! :thumb_up:

It is great to use the four wheel drive gear again... after so long!

We finally got the rain yesterday afternoon. Some of the Qld hail stones boy they are enormous. Qiute a bit of damage only lasted short while (they say more expected). The plane was the only thing that survived it all

Seeing as I started this topic, thought I'd better up date you a bit.

First, the wife and I did not enjoy Bali. We didn't realize that it was still a third world country. Not at all the 'lovers paradise' that it's painted.

Second, after a bout of hot weather, my back hedge has started to die. On Friday afternoon I decided to put out a sprinkler hose to see if I can revive it. Of course, being a busy man, I forgot all about it till Saturday morning when I found the back yard flooded. Even had the neighbour come knocking at my door at 8.30 as I'd water his garden as well. You know how water is as scarce as hens teeth here in SA, well all that water was in effect, wasted, as later in the afternoon we had a rain storm that flooded everything again. Our gutters couldn't handle it and were soon overflowing. Even our entertainment area was flooded. If you've experienced an Asian monsoon, you'll get the picture. Funny thing was that my mother, who lives about 10k's away, didn't get any.

Hey, guess what, it's raining again.

One side of Melbourne copped a mini tornado our side copped the Qld golf ball hail some were almost as big as tennis balls. No warning it just hit 30 mins of hell. Seen some young mums on tv last night that were shielding their babies in prams & their legs arms were just large welts with gashes where the hail had hit them. We copped a reasonable amount of damage but thankfully the plane in the back yard was untouched. I had a waterfall in the kitchen /diningroom as the gutters couldn't hold the hail & water so it went inside the walls & out throu the window & large sliding door frames inside the house. No damge there by the looks of things. Trying to get hold of insurance company IMPOSSIBLE.

Cheers John

Thanks Dexter we have another brewing about 30 mins away & looks like we will get it as well crazy weather all round for every state. Just wish WA could get it also.

Well it was finally our turn this time. 4 inches (100mm) and counting for the day. Biggest rainfall day for a long long time (In my 45 years I only remember one other storm that dumped over 4 inches). Dams full and creeks flooding. Does the spirit good after 4 years of drought. I even don't mind all the fences I'll have to repair after getting washed away!!