Journo's aircraft knowledgebase.

I suppose from past experience, we should not be surprised at journo's who rarely seem to get their facts right.

Yet again tonight, I fire up my computer which has ninemsn as the homepage, and start to read a news item which states "small jet crashes into Japan highway.

It then shows a photo of a Cessna 185, or similar, that has sadly come to grief.

Thank God there were no feathers to be seen, otherwise they are likely to claim it was some sort of rare bird.

The things clearly got a bloody fan on the front of it, even if it is bent.

When are these idiots going to get edumikated?031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

I recall many years ago a trike sadly went in after take off at Toogoolawah.

Because gryos were active that day the media asked "What type of plane is yours called?"

On the news that day - "A GRYO LIGHT PLANE CRASHED TODAY ....".

Murray Baker of ARSA rang up and put it right. Remember if there is no story ... they'll just make one up!!i_dunno

Phil

I recall many years ago a trike sadly went in after take off at Toogoolawah.Because gryos were active that day the media asked "What type of plane is yours called?"

On the news that day - "A GRYO LIGHT PLANE CRASHED TODAY ....".

Murray Baker of ARSA rang up and put it right. Remember if there is no story ... they'll just make one up!!i_dunno

Phil

Thats as good as, "man flying ceiling fan crashes into swing-set";);)