Flying a 747 at YSSY

Admin

Steve, all the hardware and software for that system is around the $6,000 mark.

I reckon every hour I use it after 60hrs is clear profit to me plus I can fly whenever, wherever and whatever I want, mind you it isn't the same as real but on a Sat night or when it is pouring rain outside I can still get my fix.

It is super smooth and has incredible graphics as it uses the best components for a sim - processor, video card, ram etc

The next thing I got to get is the moving chair. I have my sim connected to the internet for real weather that updates the sim every 15mins to what is really happening weather wise where I am flying and in turbulence the screen picture jolts so you see it but naturally you don't feel it - a moving chair will fix that. Will have to get one with a seat belt 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Incidentally, the forums are going to be expanded soon to include a larger area of flight sim forums on things like hardware, scenery, airports etc which for those that are interested in sims will be able to access by clicking a tab at the top of the forums

Guest sypkens
The next thing I got to get is the moving chair.

Ian,

Can you elaborate on this? I am a fs fanatic as well from version 1 but have in the last couple of years not had my fix because i have not had the space to fit all the hardware in. but I do want to get started again - and this sounds like a cheaper option than a full 6 DOF motion platform?

Regards,

Jan

Jan

I am going to start looking at a product called for memory a Thumper - I saw it at the Birmingham light sport aircraft show and I know it is available here in Australia - just have to find out who the distributor is so I can put them in Clear Prop but only after I make sure they are ok and good quality first i.e. that they do the job.

Although I did try it I feel that you need to have the right kind of chair for it - one that will radiate the vibrations. If the thumper doesn't prove to be the thing we need then I will be looking out for something better.

That's so unrealistic. The 747 clearly has a yoke and not a centre stick...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gifOtherwise, awesome set up! If you haven't already, you should get TrackIR to enhance the experience even further.

I use to have a TrackIR but with only 1 eye (blind in the other) I didn't want to risk anything no matter how safe they are besides FSX has it built in now with your mouse.

If using FSX press and hold down your keyboard space bar and move your mouse

Here is a screen shot of the wide view you can get with 3 screens running at 3840x1024 - note it isn't a good quality one as it has to be so small given the width

YSSY.jpg.a33852660c390e373c5fa633202c533b.jpg