WOW. What a day.

Now that the jobs are completed around the house and the evening meal is in the oven ready for SWMBO when she gets home, I can tell you about it.

Up early and another appointment at Tooradin for 0900hrs for more circuits with my instructor. You see I, like some, have had difficulty picking the flare & hold off but, lately it had started to come together. Prior to this the mental state had been up & down and there have been times when I have seriously considered chucking it in, but somehow have persevered.

During the last lesson there were a few EFATO’s thrown in while doing touch & goes off runway 22 to help break up the mix. So I had a hint that the next lesson might be the big one.

Anyway, off to the airport to find there is a 6-8kts X wind on the main runway from the SE so it will be more X wind practice. After take off on runway 04 and another EFATO in a different direction it was back to circuits. There is one thing about Tooradin, there’s nearly always a X wind and the landing places are limited if EFATO. 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

At the end of the lesson I was given the absolute privilege to go back out for one circuit SOLO. Boy what a feeling. It has all been worth it.010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

I’d like to thank Ian & all the contributors to this forum for the info & inspiration that you all provide. It is an invaluable resource for a novice like me. Without this I doubt that I would have continued.

A special thanks to Decca for his inspiration & for getting me started. Hang in there mate.

Well done Keith, you've realised a dream, and if you had not persisted, you would never have known what you were missing (as if I know!)

Keep up the good work, & thanks for the compliment,

Regards, Decca.

Thankyou all.

I must say it all went so fast. Too bloody fast but, I'll never forget it.

The other memorable part was coming to terms with the totally different characteristics of the aircraft with only one up.