Mid Air Marriage Proposal???

Guest drizzt1978

Guest drizzt1978

Hi Guys im currently learning to fly at Tooradin. Hopefully buy Feb/March 09 I want to flt somewhere romantic...maybe over night and Propose Mid Flight (She bought me like 20hrs of flying lessons...nice way to pay her back)

I am after any ideas on places to fly too and have a romantic night..

Hey its not going to start any debates about interesting topics...

But nobody has come up with an anawer yet!!!

Cheers

Ps dont try and talk me out of it...she supports my flying!!!!;)

Mate - grab hold of that gal and don't let go! :thumb_up: (she just might spring for an aircraft next). ;)

I recon an evening DC3 flight (out of Melbourne, over the bay I think)) might be the go (if they're still operating). Try Google.

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Guest drizzt1978

Hey dont think they would let me fly the DC ;)

I mean me flyinh her somewhere once im all qualified...The instructor thinks I will make it easy my feb march....i was thinking like flying to a winery..or near by one..that type of thing!!!! (there is even a holiday house with a private airstrip! I found)

Thats great - but a few points.

1. Feb is our hottest month and a flight could be very bumpy or turbulent. :yuk:

2. You will still be a low hours pilot and flying to a new location, in rough conditions with maybe your intended in the passenger seat, feeling unwell or frightened would not be good. :yuk:

Why not take her for a local scenic flight around Tooradin, say 40 minutes before last light. Smooth conditions, fantastic scenery and sunset and you know the area really well. :thumb_up: Isn't there a pretty good restuarant at the Tooradin field? You could pop the question between main and dessert after the flight. :heart:

regards

:big_grin:

Ask Chris Hunter at Tooradin about the DC3 (the guy that flies the Tiger 50% of the time) He can organise something for you with regard to DC3. He flies the DC3 when he's not in the Citation or Harvard!

Otherwise looks like J170 proposal over French Island 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Just remember that what ever you end up doing, keep your eyes scanning the sky for traffic, and not twisted to the right all night....:heart:025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Awesome Idea that's for sure:clap:

fly to wineries

two good romantic places I have flown to.

1/:

Brown bros Milawa, Ring first for permission to use their own strip but what a great place, fly into the strip and walk 100 metres to the winery for tastings , lunch dinner etc.. Stay at one of the B&B's or hotels all within 5 minutes walk. Pop the question just as you fly into the valley crowned by snow topped mountains or after swooping over the chalet on Mt Buffalo.

Flight time about 1.5 from Tooradin

2/:

Coonawarra:... About 1.8 hrs away West of Melbourne, north of Mt Gambier lies this lovely wine strip. Land at Coonawarra and get the motel /hotel to come pick you up (they will) and drop you back with the dozen bottles.

Great Restaurants and you walk or bike ride the road north or south of the tiny township visiting many wineries.

Fly back over the top of Mt Gambier to witnes the blue and green volcanic lakes, then pop the question but its going to be hard going down on bended knee .

Wow... I am stunned...

My wife allowed me to do my lessons, and for that, she got a trip to McDonalds.. but.. it's not as bad as it sounds... I did allow her to get a large coke.. so... yeah... amm... mmm... I really hope she doesn't read this thread!!! :thumb_up:

(I jest, of course...)

(It was actually Kentuky!)

Good luck with that, OP!!

Correction to add -you need to improve your spelling it's proposition.

Don't worry two, to, too much about jcamp, they say love is blind:heart::heart::heart:

I'm with BigPete, the DC3 flight is a great idea.

My sweetheat treated us to a champagne flight over Sydney just on dusk, a few years ago, and it was a fantastic evening.:thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

There was a young couple on the flight where the guy had also planned to pop the question.

The girl was over the moon, and announced that she'd just said "yes" to his marriage proposal:hug:018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif.

This was followed by cheers and clapping from fellow passengers, and another glass of champagne all round.

A great idea and very romantic:heart:. Go for it! "Good Luck"

You might like to check out these sites

www.dc3.com.au

www.travelcentre.com.au/travel/airshows/DC3/DC3_flights_echuca.htm

www.onedge.com.au/dc3-flights

www.onedge.com.au/adventures/home.php?cat=541

Regards

Alan

Guest drizzt1978

Wow, what a plethora of perfectly punctuated replies!!

Better elevate the quality of my literature.

Thank you all for your comments.

Do not worry; I will fly to my destination at least once before the great day arrives!!

(And if i am not up to it...she will have to wait)

The Brown Brothers winery is awesome.

Just perfect, thanks so much SKYDOG!

There will be no getting down on one knee!!!

Maybe I will write it on a map and get her to navigate mid flight!!

To many !!! in this post for one day.

Thanks again, any more suggestions on this would be great.

If we can avoid the jokes like;

“Hope you can fly better than spell”

Would be nice.

A bloke recently did something "air related'' in Mudgee earlier this year.

What happened was the local CFI there took the female on what she thought was a TIF on a weekend away in Mudgee after visiting all the wineries.

While she was in control of the Jabiru with the instructor in the training area, Myself and a few other local pilots helped the guy spell something along the lines of Will You Marry Me Sarah ?? (with a big love heart on the bottom) at the aerodrome.

Now luckily for him, it was a calm day and we used A4 paper (and alot of it) to write the phrase, of course, we received approval from the Authorities to do this airside. (looked awesome at 500ft)

After we had finished, they flew right over at around 500 ft and said yes over the radio.. She then got photo's, and He was then waiting in a love heart made out of flower petals for her when she got out of the plane with him being on one knee and with a ring!

Now, you could do something similar.. Only YOU fly the aeroplane, and get some other lucky person to do all the hard work on the ground for you somehow? Only, hope you dont get distracted when she says YES.. But there is a thought? something different.. and was VERY romantic.. Was also on their weekend away! Totally unexpected.

He had a plan to weigh the paper down with sand if it was slightly windy.. Luckily the weather co-operated.

Few ideas for you anyhow

Bring her over to Adelaide for a weekend, sample some of our wineries, then take her for a romantic dusk flight in Martyn Smith's Wacco biplane (twin sided by side seats in the front cockpit). Do your thing (including proposal) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif,(Martyn will only be able to see your heads) and then enjoy a candle lit supper prepared by Martyn's wife, Gaylene.

Adelaide Biplanes - Home Check it out.

BTW, Skydog, don't just love Brown Bros wines, can't get (afford) enough.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif