What now for the Great Competition

Admin

Unfortunately Shelley left the Editor's role at Australian Flying and due to time constraints I never got the time to follow up the competition with the new editor about the monthly prize for the competition.

So what would you like me to do to get the competition going again?

Naturally we need a monthly prize so should we go for the 3 free copies of Australian Flying again or is there some other type of realistic prize that I could seek out to have?

I thought 3 free copies of Australian Flying was a great little prize. :thumb_up: How about the best trip report (by pilot or passenger) :big_grin: or even a good story (my day at the airport, etc etc).

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

I won the monthly photo comp a while back, forwarded my details to Shelly as requested but never received anything.

So to me any prize you look at should be something that is actually awarded to the monthly winner.

Maybe something small from clear prop, like the winners choice of WAC chart or something not so expensive, but something we would all use at some stage?

Hi Steve,

In my case I was only going to pass it on to a friend anyway as I get a "free" copy of the magazine with my mega$$$ advertising 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif;)031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

It does seem there has been a loss of interest in the photo comp of late, not sure if it is due to the lack of a prize or what???

I would like to see the photo comp ramped up again, it was one of my favourite parts of this forum.

Cheers

Mick

G'day Mick!

I wasn't picking on anyone as such.:ah_oh:

I was just musing as to why there had to be a prize..i_dunno

I reckon the compliments from others that they concur that it's a nice photo would be enough. Perhaps a logo or something in the winners sidebar/info thingy...But then again, I am easily amused...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers!

Steven B.

use for winning photos

maybe the winning photos over the 12 mths could be used to make a nice printed and downloadable calander and sold with any profits going towards the scholarship.

in the meantime check this neat study of a Hall ASI with a nth American autumn sunset as a backdrop. not mine, recieved from a fellow Lazairnut in the USA.

Makes a great desktop background.

ozzie

1736738756_sunsetsmall.jpg.4095e880ba95ab870409917916d8b9f3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I hope to have some great news in the next few days - a new sponsor for our great competition with a prize that will certainly get our competition back going again bigger and stronger then ever before so start getting those pictures and stories together...

Stay Tuned!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mick,

Shelley here. I've just logged on for the first time in ages and have just seen that your Australian Flying prize didn't arrive. That's not only dissapointing for you but frustrating for me. I had a failproof system going (seemingly) and I always double-checked that the winners got their copy as each new issue was published.

I'm not sure if the new Editor has discarded my records, but if you can be bothered, can you send me your full name and address, just so I can check up on what happened. Email to: [email protected]

In any case, once I get back to Sydney (am currently in Bris looking after sick sister) I'll send you the latest couple of issues, for your friend. And once again, my sincere apologies for this Mick. I don't like it when things go wrong! I'm just glad you mentioned it.

Hasn't Ian done a fantastic job with this site? Just brilliant.

Cheers

Shelley