More Tecnam Vids

Guest Cloudsuck

Why does every one ruin there clips by dubbing over the beautiful sound of a aeroplane engine with music.

Are they aeroplane video clips or aeroplane video music clips.

I turn the sound down, but still does'nt do much for me.

Other than that, thanks for the camera work.:thumb_up:

Trevor.

p.s. i dont feel old...

Guest Cloudsuck

There are two main reasons people put music over video.

1. The human ear is way superior to the camera mic. The engine sound you get on the mic is nothing like what is heard by the ear. The sound is clipped and if you viewed it on a scope, it would see it. This is why movie directors shoot the video separate to the sound and mix it in later.

2. Rotax engines sound crap! They don't even sound anywhere near an aero engine. They don’t compare to a radial, a Lycoming 540 or even a 6 cyl Jab for that matter. Even when heard by the human ear.

On the full length DVD version of that video clip, I left some engine sound in for the external shots (take off and go around etc).

I used to say when flying my Yak that the people on the ground where the only ones who go the benefit of the radial engine sound. From the cockpit it was just a loud constant pitch drone.

Here is a video of a dude doing a birthday adventure flight in my Yak. No music over the top. You will see what I mean, very uninspiring.

2. Rotax engines sound crap! They don't even sound anywhere near an aero engine.

:ah_oh: What utter wubbish!!

'tis the sweetest thing you can hear! When it stops making that noise is when you can hear crap... and other assorted expletives.....;)

Off to watch the vids now. :big_grin:

when the engine quits you hear the pilot do his checks, ie Fuel, mxture, intruments, ignition, throttle and the way to remember it is i will tone it down a bit, lol Ferk me im in trouble. lol nice vids you can almost touch the clouds lol.:thumb_up:

• 2 weeks later...

Bring on the vid clips!

Especially the home made ones. :thumb_up:

For those interested in home video, try Australasian Camcorder Forum - Index page

This site, and the magazine, Auscam is the ONLY Aussie publication for the Aussie home video enthusiast.

I should add that eye rite, er, I wright, dang, write for the magazine.. hence the blatant plug (sorry Ian..)

Ben

Guest Cloudsuck
Nice work, Cloudsuck! Would you be able to share how you attach/mount the camera in the cockpit?

I'll take a photo of the mount and put it up.

• 2 weeks later...