• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
johnm

JMB ultralight

VL3 - World's fastest UL aircraft

2 seat side by side - 165 kts ! max cruise - rotax 912 or 914 - 450 kilos ! max all up weight

Wow!... stall (flaps) of 29 kts and max cruise 165 kts. 136 knt envelope! .. pretty impressive. Also looks pretty expensive? ;) .. one here for EUR 127k. (JMB VL-3 Evolution Aircraft for sale)

Not a lot of useful load for fat people like me.

But would still suffice if used as a single seater! Taking the 165knots with a grain of salt I would be happy if it could cruise at 140-150.

I wonder what it’s rough air cruise is though? It would suck if that was still around 100

• Agree 1

180kg between empty and MTOW ... two mythical 86kg people and you have 8kg for fuel and the toothbrush ... and thats without adding anything for actual build weight gains or age related water gains in composites

Not practical in any way shape or form as a two seater. As a singe seater its probably comfy and fast ... but eye wateringly expensive

• Agree 3

180kg between empty and MTOW ... two mythical 86kg people and you have 8kg for fuel and the toothbrush ... and thats without adding anything for actual build weight gains or age related water gains in composites

Not practical in any way shape or form as a two seater. As a singe seater its probably comfy and fast ... but eye wateringly expensive

Good call Kasper.