How much should a 100 hourly be

Ewen McPhee

I have a mate owns a GA flying school and has multiple GA aircraft... it would be unusual for $10K as a 100 hourly... generally $3500-$5000 apparently

Get and raaus - our 100 hourly costs about $200 if we do it and around $600 if we get an L2

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

They are definitely not a waste of money...we find minor issues almost every time we service our plane or the club planes.... some minor, some that prevent major costs, some that prevent accidents...not a waste of money at all.. Sometimes I pay an L2 to just take a second look in case i miss things...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

With my 500 hour Jabiru I have saved $50,000 on 5 only 100 hour services. Gosh I can't wait to tell the wife how much I've saved and how she can go out and spend up.One thing you can do is to look for somebody who will let you help. A lot of the time spent is getting access to bits and then replacing panels etc, and you would be able to do this yourself with the right arrangement. And you will learn some good stuff.

Agree we have already saved $20,000 - $30,000 on services...plus i have a hot sexy aircraft that runs on fumes.... at 400 hours I have also saved roughly 5000 litres of fuel at approx $10,000 ... 2 years and i have saved $40,000 and can hire a GA aircraft when occasionally needed...

• Like 1