Bragging Rights

Orienteer

Well everyone should get a chance to let their pride show!

I just completed my first solo! What a feeling.

Rocked up at Murray Bridge nice and early for a change and had perfect conditions, cool air and a consistent breeze straight down 20. After a couple of circuits and EFIC at Rollos Field, we headed back to YMBD for more Circuits. On the turn to final at YMBD i called for a touch and go, but Neil, my instructor, asked me to correct myself and announce a full stop. I was confused :confused:. Once we touched down Neil took control and had us back tracking to the threshold of 20. He then jumped out and wished me luck! What a great feeling! And a very nice landing for my first solo while Neil was watching! Once i finally decided to quit and taxi back to the hangar, i had 4 or 5 near complete strangers shake my hand. I was so proud.

My second session for the day wasn't as ideal (weather wise) with quite choppy air and a variable x-wind, i was a little hesitant. Neil stayed and completed a couple of circuits with me and asked if i could handle it (i said "I suppose so"), So we did it all again, he jumped out and watched my first circuit. It was such a great day out.

So forgive my pride, i just can't wipe this smile off my face :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

WOOP

Tyson

Well done Tyson. If that's Neil Wickens you're talking about, well he wouldn't let you go unless he was reeally sure you could handle it. A great instructor. I might bump into you down there some time but till then, safe and happy flying mate.

Well Done :) Great feeling, just did my first area solo and must say the nerves were more so than for my first (cct) solo, but all nerves went as soon as I buried the throttle on takeoff, thoroughly enjoyed - now just to get those solo hrs up to take the flight test....

Enjoy - this flying thing is just awesome :big_grin:

Thanks All,

It's two days passed the experience and i'm still on a buzz.

Desk Pilot: It is Neil Wickens, A good instructor, i've had experience with Neil, Doc and James, but Neil was in charge of me on Saturday.

Cheers to all!

Tyson