Hi All I am a new one

Kiwibob

Just joined Rec flying.

I do not fly aircraft as such, I fly scale models, sorry, thats all I can afford. :big_grin:

Have a Model P 51, model F22 Rapture and building a 1/4 scale Airbourne XT 912 Tundra trike.

We have a lot in common, real and model aircraft, we love flying. :thumb_up:

So Hi you all, keep smiling. :)

Kiwibob.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Kiwibob,

Well i don't fly real aircraft yet myself, so we have a bit in common, as specially since I fly model aircraft and I also started making myself a RC trike, but i had not much support so i sort of stopped making it, now it's all dismantled and I'm using the bits to make an RC Aerochute...

Also have nearly finished my RC autogyro, well in the running experimental stages anyway...

Cheers,

Tom

ps. attached is a pic of my autogyro in the testing of the rotors, it's just sitting on the ground with the wind blowing the rotors around...

1949944921_DSC06730(Small).JPG.5d85428f2a64ddfeba9bd4aa85340b1f.JPG

I have a lot of support from Airbourne to date but had to sign a confidentialy agreement.

Nice to hear that someone other than me is crazy enough to try something different.

The trike that I am building is 1/4 scale (2500mm wingspan)

How far did you get with yours ?

Bob.

G'day Bob, Yeah I only got the airframe shape sort of made, ie. engine and controls fitted to be able to drive around on the ground etc... if you go to the thread about an RC Trike, I've got some pic's and a bit of an explanation on what I did...

G'day Brett, I'm hooked don't you worry about that, just got to get the money and parents go ahead....049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif hopefully it's not to far away now...:thumb_up:

Cheers,

Guest Pop-top

I have a little Calmato Kyosho trainer (in the green version) ...still doesnt have servos or a controller But I have everything else so far.

But I'm the opposite; I've been spending all my pennies on flight lessons so can afford to finish building my little plane.

Tomo,

I actually saw that utralight on the web, but didn't know it was yours.

I sure looks solid, well done.

I am in the middle of building a WW1 Eindecker 2.5 meter wing span so will properly finish that before doing anything to the Airbourne Trike.

Pity your so far away, we could exchange notes.

Bob.

Yes it was pretty solid:blush:, only weighed about 5kgs though, without the push mower wheels:big_grin:

I've done up a bit of an info page of how I made the autogyros head controls, Thought you might like to see how I did it, because It would probably work for the trike, I know that when I was making my trike that is what stumped me the most...but I come up with this Idea and it should work I reckon...Just a thought.... You probably have it all worked out anyway....:big_grin:

Anyway it's to big to attach here so I'll PM it to you...

Cheers,

Tom