Zenith CH-701 thread

eightyknots

Hi GeoffI have all the straps and trays fitted but have not got the chute yet...it is US$4000 so will get that soon. Mine is slightly different attached are pics of the installation manual it mounts in the baggage compartment and the rocket goes inside the left aileron control cover. you should get an idea by the pictures. You could do the same with yours in a similar fashion. I got the kit of parts from ICP for my aircraft all except the chute and will get that direct from magnum. I have no fear of structural failure of the aircraft mine is being fitted to take care of some of the numbskulls flying around...I have had a couple of near misses already and one really scared the crap out of me recently at our local field with a gyro dude...so getting the bucks together now to order the chute but it will be on sea freight so will take maybe 2 to 3 months to get it as the rockets can not be airfreighted I am told

Hi Mark

Mine is spring loaded so no rocket will have to deploy it at higher altitude yours will be soft pack which will be lighter than mine .

That's the problem these days to many numbskulls every where .

EK you have convinced me l will keep my top visibility but will go with the highest UV protection l can get.

cheers Geoff.

• Like 1

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

434731693_FA-18exit4.jpg.59c92a9adf4d7a6e137196d490afc3a6.jpg

Hi MarkMine is spring loaded so no rocket will have to deploy it at higher altitude yours will be soft pack which will be lighter than mine .

That's the problem these days to many numbskulls every where .

EK you have convinced me l will keep my top visibility but will go with the highest UV protection l can get.

cheers Geoff.

Where do you source the springloaded ones from sf1? Also, what is the minimum altitude for a safe exit?

Here's an interesting sequence of a very close exit from an FA-18 Hornet in Canada last week (note how close the pilot's seat is to the fireball!!) 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

662940323_FA-18exit1.png.d6e3a95ff81246625de360a1670bf1a7.png

1366272104_FA-18exit2.jpg.06bf25472f5b37678b356d702e50d5ce.jpg

1257798509_FA-18exit3.png.8daf496004316b2c5b3875ffd7bf37f6.png

EK mine is not an injection seat just a spring loaded chute like a BRS chute without the rocket you would deploy it when neededif your plane wont fly then you would care what height you where at if it was going to help save your like just pull the lever and squease you butt checks together and hang on .

cheers Geoff.

EK mine is not an injection seat just a spring loaded chute like a BRS chute without the rocket you would deploy it when neededif your plane wont fly then you would care what height you where at if it was going to help save your like just pull the lever and squease you butt checks together and hang on rain.gif.5409f0367857047bb0ed70f1ff7b4d3b.gif.cheers Geoff.

096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif I don't think they do ejector seats for ultralights. However, BRS chutes are better because they are able to save the pilot and passenger and often the plane too. I have only heard of the spring-loaded ones (someone on another thread said that they come from Victoria) but there doesn't seem to be anything easily found on the internet. That's why I was wondering where you were sourcing yours from.

Hi Geoff we will fly our 701s there what do you think?

096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif I don't think they do ejector seats for ultralights. However, BRS chutes are better because they are able to save the pilot and passenger and often the plane too. I have only heard of the spring-loaded ones (someone on another thread said that they come from Victoria) but there doesn't seem to be anything easily found on the internet. That's why I was wondering where you were sourcing yours from.

Hi EK l have a friend who converts the rocket chutes to spring loaded thats why your cant find anything on the net but the old parachutes Australia models were already spring loaded.

l get mine off ebay and have a friend in German l can get them from the chutes tested then l get them converted here in Victoria.

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff have been offerd a low engine mount for a 912 off a sav could you mount a 582 ih the same mount? cheers Phil

Hi Phil

Yes you could you just have to make the brackets suit the mounting holes in the bed mount wouldn't be hard at all .

Received the plans today will copy them and return them thanks again.

Stripped the paint from the last wing yesterday and have put the new slat brackets on and nearly finished installing the wing tank today, just got to bend up the doublers to reinforce the wing upgrades then put the skins back on and l will start spray painting the lot.

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff how is the painting going? have finished my navs so keen get my bird in the air. Had another look at mates sav like the look of aluminuium tube control rods mine are just all thread what are yours Cheers Phil

Hi Phil

Didn't get to paint yet had other jobs on this week, good to see you have finished your navs l have changed all my controls l have put the Savs in my 701 except the mixer l have left it as it made out of chromoly and it isn't as bulky l have the aluminum tubes but they are longer than the all thread l took out l will have to see if there is enough adjustment to trim it back the same .

l want to change the flap controls they are a bit primitive .

Is yours resisted yet .

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff the plane has a number allocated to it but not reg I mite just stick to the original pait work , the l2 down our way said he has control wire its same as what they use in yachts and he said you can buy the nicopress from engineer shop cheers Phil

Hi Geoff the plane has a number allocated to it but not reg I mite just stick to the original pait work , the l2 down our way said he has control wire its same as what they use in yachts and he said you can buy the nicopress from engineer shop cheers Phil

Hi Phil are you going up to see Allan and fly his 750 , is the fly-in still on l though it was on 23 Feb next year according to the Zenith web site.

Have been making silage with the neighbor the last few days so have done anything on the 701 going down to Peter Mac for checkup Friday so this week has been slow with the build,enjoy your flight.

cheers Geoff.

Hi Phil

l am going to the Torradin Fly in and open day on the 1st Dec you should test out your navs and come over.

l am booking a flight with one of Mat Halls flights should be fun .

cheers Geoff.

Hi Phil

How was the flight bet you cant wait to do it in your 701 .

My wings are all finished just had to make the new jury strut attachments l am making my jury struts out of 4130 chromoly ,now l can get back to finishing of the fuse .

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff just finished making new angel brackets for the lower channel so they incorperate the bungee pin as well super strong, and removed old steering rod covers will replace with rubber boots now for the engine mount. You are moving along well Cheers Phil