Weight Increase

shags_j

hey all,

So if we get this weight increase, what sort of aircraft will be opened up for us?

I have found that there is no easy way to look for a list of what aircraft are available for us RA pilots to fly. I'm starting to save my pennies but wanted a target to reach for. Sucks just saving for some random amount of money for some random aircraft (especially since a cirrus is out of my price range).

Sidetrack: I'm sure a database of aircraft is out there. We just got to find it, steal it, and write a query to match ra specifications.

Cheers,

Shags

Quite often the newsagents have a magazine that includes practically all light aircraft. They are in like a catalogue format and usually have a few basic specs, so you'll be looking for a stall speed of 45 knots or less and 760kg's or less. I usually see one of these hit the news stands every year. Perhaps a call to the publishers would be a good idea?

Cheers.

Cause I don't feel like working today I have started preparing a database. Rather enthusiastic and I doubt I'll ever get every aircraft information in but I'll start on it.

Gives me something toi do anyways.

USA mag "Kitplanes" Dec 07 had an article "2008 Kit Buyer's Guide" listing 315 designs, a high percentage in RAA current and potential weight range.

The article starts of: "December. If that's what it says on the cover, it must be time for the annual Kitplanes kit Aircraft Directory".

Looking out for Dec 08 edition may be a time saver instead of starting a list from scratch.

the book/magazine you are looking for is called "World Directory Leisure Aviation" it lists all ultralights, homebuilts, kits ect.(1500 aircraft) It also lists MTOW....I haven't seen it for sale for a while, ($22.00) but you can borrow mine if you like?...

Guest Ken deVos
the book/magazine you are looking for is called "World Directory Leisure Aviation" it lists all ultralights, homebuilts, kits ect.(1500 aircraft) It also lists MTOW....I haven't seen it for sale for a while, ($22.00) but you can borrow mine if you like?...

... and can be found on-line at WIDOLA