How hard/easy to set up a trike wing.

Hi, im considering buying a trike and would like to know how hard the wings are to set up, is it one man job, better with two etc?

any tips on which sort of trike to go for as well would be appreciated.

thanks

toby

Hi Toby,

I'd suggest having a couple of lessons before you make the decision a) to purchase, and b) which one you want.

Regarding which one to buy do you want to do a lot of x country flying or do you want to fly low and slow for sightseeing with some off field landings? These are things to work out before deciding because it's horses for courses :big_grin:

Good luck anyway, it's a lot of fun.

P.S Do you think you can handle owning a Trike, it's a lot like gaining movie star status overnight, you get a lot more friends and they are real chick magnets 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

P.S Do you think you can handle owning a Trike, it's a lot like gaining movie star status overnight, you get a lot more friends and they are real chick magnets 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I knew there was another reason why I was drawn to trikes spot on:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I knew there was another reason why I was drawn to trikes spot on:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

In your dreams Ben 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

In answer to your question Toby - yes trike wings can generally be rigged / derigged by 1 person - though its easier with 2 especially to move the bagged up wing.

im going to try and fly in a trike that i would be thinking of purchasing as it would give me a chance to try it on for size. Im thinking that mainly local flights to enjoy the views so speed is not a big deal.

as for the movie star factor, having a ppl has made me realise how many friends i have. never ends the whole "you have a pilots lic? take me flying. oh, it costs that much?!?!" they dont like the share costs idea when its expensive.

im going to try and fly in a trike that i would be thinking of purchasing as it would give me a chance to try it on for size. Im thinking that mainly local flights to enjoy the views so speed is not a big deal.as for the movie star factor, having a ppl has made me realise how many friends i have. never ends the whole "you have a pilots lic? take me flying. oh, it costs that much?!?!" they dont like the share costs idea when its expensive.

Having a go in the trike you are thinking of buying is fine but it would still be worth getting it checked out by someone who knows about them. Theres no shortage of rubbish ones for sale that could end up costing you a lot of cash in the long run.

Caveat emptor !

Cheers

John