BUNDY TO PT AUGUSTA

Steve Donald

HI all, well i had a great flight home in my J120 overnight stop at Bourke Cob&Co pub wow what a meal there, then on to Broken hill direct track hec that is remote country looks like Mars at 6500 you just see more nothing, i was thinking at the time this altitude will just get me to more nothing further on if anything happened.

i continued on taking pics along the route, i saw some incredible places i met John and few of the guy's at Chinchilla, very nice people i was offered a bed if needed also a BBQ a must go place great facilities for a weekend or a fly in.

Bourke was a great spot water everywhere creeks, and an interesting history, i was so amazed at the town great people too, this seems a common trait with Country folk, i met an old sheerer named Irish at 5am on the main street who quickly arranged me a ride to the Airport coz the taxi doesn't start that early in Bourke, what a great bloke.

finally on to Broken hill called out the fuel truck on the CTAF ch refueled and took off again for Pt Augusta, climbed out to 6500 due to the violent conditions at 4500 overtook a c172 that took off just before me, he was heading to Whyalla, onward to the Flinders Ranges over Wilpenena Pound and then Mt Brown and a cruise desent to Flinders Field just out of Pt Augusta near Stirling township.

overall my stay in QLD and flight home was a great holiday come adventure and i absolutely loved the way my J120 performed and handled she is a magic girl and fly's like a pedigree for me i could not want more. Just go and do it :thumb_up:

485775499_mydash.jpg.23a20dc4d88d63b2db73e983c0cd0359.jpg

2011753023_J120MAIDENFLIGHTBUNDYTOPTAUG059.jpg.e18fce1a98ad896390af2e7cac7df33c.jpg

47137075_J120MAIDENFLIGHTBUNDYTOPTAUG045.jpg.c40e6e81e80c46034c6d9486fcb662d1.jpg

256157594_J120MAIDENFLIGHTBUNDYTOPTAUG060.jpg.26e3e4352e4d6b7571ff88021f3a95a6.jpg

2003402693_J120MAIDENFLIGHTBUNDYTOPTAUG068.jpg.1d548c7f2b08609f54dcab65b50b1e2c.jpg

no Mr SKYHOG no flat batteries however the master had to be on as i was demonstrating avionics, took the pic for others to see, you are very observant i am impressed.

yes it was a great trip, you enjoy your vigilance i am going to do some more flying cheers.

Well done Steve, the only thing better then the trip home from Bundy, is your next trip BACK.kev

Speaking of going back, are either of you blokes planning on going back for the Wide Bay Airshow this year and I assume that the "Back to the Nest" Jabiru dinner will be held as well. It was terrific back in 2007. If you are going, perhaps we can meet up again at the same parking spot, eh Kev.

Great photos & story too Steve, Thanks. Always good fun overtaking 172's, isn't it.

Hi Steve, I was at the flying school in Bundy when you could not depart due to the line of storms down through central qld/nsw, I am pleased to see you finally got away and had a safe trip back! and that 120 of yours looked very nice I must say.

Watto

Steve,glad to see you had a good trip back.Had a little mishap with my 120 the other day,pilots side undercarrage braket broke while taxiing and twisted the leg out from underneath it. bought the parts and put it back together doesnt seem to be any damage to fuselage although swiped a bit of paint off wingtip and tail so back to bundy for a little make-up and a check up.Try getting a euro plane back in the air that fast.Blood tough planes(although i have some questions for Jabiru about these brakets).

Hiya Kev, did you enjoy your flight home in the J160 how did she go, i was surprised at how well they punched through that headwind, i made good time, as for the return to Bundy show yea for sure only a 1000 nm what a blast, i have already advised the Minister of Household Affairs and obtained a leave pass, i am booked in for Avalon 09 as well, TAZIE in January then Family court March if i dont pull up a little, cheers mate catch up soon give me a hoy if ya head down my way.

That's a bugger Jac yep they are tough birds and cheap to repair, thank goodness nothing more sinister, the flight was great thanks for your hospitality great catching up with keen aviators, welcome here anytime have a hangar spot if you visit, some great spots to fly to as well, followed by some excellent fishing hope to see you down here cheers .

Thanks Watto, yep that was a wild set of thunderstorms down my track, still i enjoyed the stay, hope you guy's make it down to my neck of the woods some time, yep i love that little 120 it's a rocket, and very comfortable for the trip home, i missed out on flying today because of storms, get a plane and the weather turns to crap oh well maybe tomorrow have to take the Boss for a ride she has not been in it yet. anyway mate take it easy might see you soon as i am flying back to Bundy soon. the Beer is cheaper there:big_grin: