requirements for RA Aus membership?

Guest Brett Campany

Guest Brett Campany

G'day fellas, as I'm doing my RAA certification now, when is it a good idea to become a member of RA Aus? What are the benefits and is it a requirement prior to being certified?

Cheers

Yes it is a requirement, definitely before your first solo.

Membership has the following:

The student pilot joining fee is $160.00, which includes the issue of the Student Pilot Certificate, 3rd party insurance cover, Operations Manual, Technical Manual, 12 months RA-Aus membership and 12 months subscription to the monthly Recreational Aviation Australia journal. The full schedule of all RA-Aus fees and charges is available in pdf format.

My temporary membership lasted for 3 weeks I think it was. If I wanted to continue to learn to fly I had to join and pay the fee.

Steven.

RAA & BAK

One of the benefits of membership is that you can continue your training.:big_grin:

There's a 3hr limit before you are required to obtain your student certificate. Check out the RAA web site for more details. The link is provided on the forum page.

Once you have joined & received the operations & technical manuals, take the time to read them thoroughly as some of the BAK questions will relate to these.;)

Guest Brett Campany
One of the benefits of membership is that you can continue your training.:big_grin: There's a 3hr limit before you are required to obtain your student certificate. Check out the RAA web site for more details. The link is provided on the forum page.

Once you have joined & received the operations & technical manuals, take the time to read them thoroughly as some of the BAK questions will relate to these.;)

Now that's something my instructor hasn't told me, cheers for that. Best I get onto it now then!

R461,

If you are converting from GA to RAA - then you need to apply for full membership straight up, because you'll probably do the flying in 3 hrs anyway.

The Human Factors exam might also apply if this wasn't covered in your PPL/CPL/ATPL at the time that you sat for those theory exams. This has to be submitted with your application/conversion details if applicable. Ask your CFI.

In your future flying, annual renewal of RAA membership becomes part & parcel of holding your Pilot Certificate, along with a BFR.

happy days,

Whoops......... 5 hrs min, incl 1 hr solo, unless you have logbook confirmed hours in a similar aircraft in VH registration, eg Jab,Gazelle,Tecnam etc.

See: Ops Manual: 2.07.2.©

happy days,