Volvo Ocean Race game - play online with other forum members!

Guest Brett Campany

Guest Brett Campany

Hey guys, well it's cold and miserable here in Perth and I've stumbled upon an online game based on the Volvo Ocean Race. At the moment we're waiting on a restart for leg 3, there's a timer on the page so you can see when things kick off later today / tonight.

So I'm just doing this in between flying, work and study, it pretty much runs itself.

Check it out and lets see if we can make it a race between each other!

My yachts name is "Tie Me Kangaroo Down"

See you on the water.......unless you're lucky enough to go flying today!

Volvo Ocean Race Game

ive had a shocker, forcast winds didnt eventuate, now in 40,000th place and falling, down from 1300th place earlier on, and seeing as im still loosing places rapidly, im taking a gamble, im not going to sail down the straights, but stay on the idian ocean side and round the bottom of the big island

Guest Brett Campany
OOPS!!! I forgot all about it. I have been going North now for 2 days and am 100000th place.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

hahahaha, man where are you going?!?!?!

Well you should get a nice 12.5kt run down to the bottle neck!

Guest Brett Campany
I see you snuck past me in the night R461. Enjoy the view while it lasts you'll be in my wake again real soon TMKD! :big_grin:

Competition's on mate!! hahahaha

Leg 4 on the way soon, bring it on! :thumb_up:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, im fairly sure none of you are last anymore, I am.

I got annoyed when I couldnt figure out which way to go, and left it for about a week and a half, and I ended up running aground. I just logged in, and realised where i needed to go, so now im making a measly 3.7 knots away from the island, and trying to get back on course =] Btw my boat is named Why So Serious

Guest Brett Campany

I'm pretty sure the next leg starts on the 18th of this month, as it gets closer, I'll update everyone here!

Guest coaltrain

the 18th!!! Yiou could circumnavigate the globe twice in the time we have until then in these downwind sleighs!

R461 I have you in my sights, I might have beaten you last leg if my crew hadn't decided to beach the boat for a few hours and go for a surf and BBQ went I went below for a few hours sleep. . . .

Guest Brett Campany

Leg 4 of the Volvo Ocean Race is about to begin! Only 5 days are left to get all the sleep you can, because the virtual armada will start at Sunday 18 January 2008 06:00 GMT+1.

For anyone still drifting around, the current LEG will end on Thursday 15 January, 22:00 GMT+1. Be sure not to miss the start, because this LEG is a short one with only 2,500 Nm to sail in Chinese waters. The battle, with over 120,000 yachts registered, will be fierce!

Guest coaltrain

Mmmm Chinese waters you say? Best breakout the cutlasses and boarding pikes and run out the guns. My chart states 'Here be Pirates!' for this leg. . .

And if I should happen to put some chain shot through Tie Me Kangaroo Down's rigging. . . Ooops, Sorry, was just cleaning the Carronades, didn't know it was loaded...;)