• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
boleropilot

Throttle Cable Set Required

G'day youse mob,

during the inspections during refurb the throttle cables were found to have worn inners and a couple of broken threads on the inners, so a complete new set is required - does anybody know of a set available, or a builder who can make up a set for me?

BP

I don`t know what you call a set! I made my own up years ago! A motorcycle shop should be able to make them up for you.

Frank.

well a set from my point of view is a pair of cables, for a 582 fitted with the oil injection pump (I have one but it's not on this motor) there would be another cable for that

I'll talk to the guys at the motorcycle shops in Ipswich, they might be able to help

cheers

BP

Sent my cables to this company to be copied.... https://www.flexibledrive.com.au/product/cables-and-controls

Keep your order number and they should be able to make future cables from that.

If you have pins/bolts that go through the cable ends, send them too... ( new or unworn ones if possible).They may need to make/machine eyelet holes to suit and measuring worn eyelet holes or bolts will add slop.... 

Might be prudent NOT to mention it's for an aircraft.....

thanks m8, much appreciated.  the quote I got from an "aircraft engineering" company is $250, of which $110 is "engineer" labour.  my initial thought was that it was a bit high but in all fairness it's probably about right (with the bonus of being "aircraft" quality...)

BP

thanks m8, much appreciated.  the quote I got from an "aircraft engineering" company is $250, of which $110 is "engineer" labour.  my initial thought was that it was a bit high but in all fairness it's probably about right (with the bonus of being "aircraft" quality...)

BP

I think my cost was a bit over $200 (maybe $250 including postage) for 4 cables with custom swaged eyelets....

Hey BP,

Get onto Dalby Air Maintenance at Dalby, Glen Shaw is the man to talk to, he reskinned and repainted my drifter and did a really good job, they are all a good crew there.

g'day Sandy, yeah I did get in contact with Glen but my emails went nowhere, finally got an answer, not sure if I'll go with the quote of around $250...