• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
djpacro

Stalls

Agreed, I've laboured the point more than enough.  Apologies to all for my lack of consideration.

https://www.avweb.com/flight-safety/accidents-ntsb/accident-probe-twin-training/

Why the precautions? In part because piston twins aren’t certified for spins. In part because they have a greater tendency to enter unrecoverable spins after a stall break than a piston single. And in part because that record is especially unfortunate since a lot of the fatal unrecoverable spins in piston twins have involved training.

No I don't know how many "a lot" is. Nobody pretend that they do, please

38 minutes ago, Manwell said:

Agreed, I've laboured the point more than enough.  Apologies to all for my lack of consideration

Well I'll be ! You have TROLLED this forum , insulted everyone that has made a post, know everything and all in under a month of joining this forum.

Maybe you should consider going back to PRUNE's forum and play with the big GA boys instead of annoying us Rec flyers.

I know this won't insult you as "it is only words and it is how you interoperate them that matters" !  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

A twin with assymetric thrust is certainly a more complex beast than a single but most accidents are where the plane gets below Vmc (a) and the aircraft rolls to the dead engine as the rudder cannot conteract the Yaw even though the plane is well above stall  speed.   You can remove THAT problem if you have enough height  (don't need to climb) by closing the throttle on the good  engine . Naturally this has to be done before the plane goes to a roll attiitude which is unrecoverable.. Retaining control is essential.  The same thing does happen with high powered prop planes 'P" factor where at high angle of attack the prop has much more force/thrust on one side than the other due to the angle of the respective blades orientation to the relative airflow. Nev

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Butch said:

Well I'll be ! You have TROLLED this forum , insulted everyone that has made a post, know everything and all in under a month of joining this forum.

Maybe you should consider going back to PRUNE's forum and play with the big GA boys instead of annoying us Rec flyers.

I know this won't insult you as "it is only words and it is how you interoperate them that matters" !  

Will you be, though Butch, that is the question?  Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take up arms against a sea of troubles, and so doing, end them?

• Haha 2

Some very familiar fingerprints are starting to emerge here..............................................................................................

• Agree 2