• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
stevron

Visit Albury

Remember you need to be a PPL or a RPL with the correct endorsements to fly in to Albury. But If you come you will enjoy wineries, snow , a beautiful river. And a magnificent high country. The Albury Aero club would make you welcome if open. Or at worst I will help

There's an aerodrome at Dinner plain just east of Hotham( High altitude) Check your density altitude performance.. Porepunka needs a careful approach. from the S/W ..Wangaratta has fuel and sealed Getting around when you get there is the problem.. Arrange someone, Bit cold this time of year.. Nev

Is Cherokee BUN still around Stevron?

Bunns have a number of planes on their property’s in various stage of operating condition. I have not been there for awhile so I do not know about a Cherokee , I know they have a soft spot for Cherokee 6

VH BUN is still in Albury.

I hit a flock of galahs just as I flared at Cootamundra. Took out one with the prop, one with the nose gear and one punched a baseball sized dent in the leading edge of the starboard wing.

There's probably still a neat little patch on the wing.

VH BUN is still in Albury.I hit a flock of galahs just as I flared at Cootamundra. Took out one with the prop, one with the nose gear and one punched a baseball sized dent in the leading edge of the starboard wing.

There's probably still a neat little patch on the wing.

I will check next when at the hangar,, the plane sits in a hangar unused for 5 years Approx , it appears to need a lot of work.

Which eliminates a very large percentage of us.

I was going to say try outside tower hours but it looks like the start early and finish late?

oh......well..... doesn't look like I'll every get in as well......