Lost Skills or what?

Guest Kevin the Penniless

I would think about what you wrote Clint and try again. Wears of after an hour what about a 3 hour flight. Mate I aplaud you for coming back from what you have been through but to write comments like the above borders on stupidity.102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

I was talking about going for an hour flight, isnt that the usual lesson time? Lets not get personal.

Clint I wasn't being personal just voicing my opinion. An hour as a lesson, might be usual but not set in stone and I wasn't only replying to lessons. There just seems to be alot of 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif being said in these threads lately.

Guest drizzt1978

Hey Bla

You just need to install a B$%@ s%%^ Filter.....

By the way, caffeine is the only LEGAL Psycho Stimulant, and some people find it very helpful...

No I dont have a coffee problem.....

Ozzie,

All large heavy aircraft have to flare. At my VAPP of between 135-155 kts the rate of descent would be 700-900fpm. If you dont flare from this you make the front of the newspaper, scare all the punters and visit the Fleet office. Even a CATIIIB approach has the aircraft flare. They fly just like any aircraft.

Just from my airline, we fly our fleet specific aircraft then everything from Jabs, Drifters, Pitts, SU29, P51, Bearcat, Sea Fury, Hawker Hunter and even a few choppers and gyros. Most of us enjoy flying and realise your only as good as your last flight and landing.

Personally, other than the inertia, I find no diff between the 340/330 I fly and the RAA and Pitts I fly. They are all great fun.

Kevin, your being too hard on yourself. As long as its fun keep on flying. It will come good in the end.

Guest Cloudsuck
Just from my airline, we fly our fleet specific aircraft then everything from Jabs, Drifters, Pitts, SU29, P51, Bearcat, Sea Fury, Hawker Hunter and even a few choppers and gyros. Most of us enjoy flying and realise your only as good as your last flight and landing.

Hey Nomis, who has the SU-29? I was sure there were none left in the country since Daryl got rid of his several years ago. I love the 29....

Guest Cloudsuck
Cloudsuck,I work out of Hong Kong. The sukhoi is someone I know from Canada. We have guys based the world over so half the aircraft I mentioned are overseas.

Oh ok... It is nice to see that some heavy pilots still fly the good stuff in their spare time.

I flew briefly in the the late eighties and after a break of 18 years started to learn to fly again. I thought my previous experience would make the process much easier, it did help of course but maybe not as much as I had hoped. The good news is as you get further into your training that past experience seems to help more.

I remember getting into the aircraft with my instructor and feeling overwhelmed and not knowing what to do first, I felt that my previous experience should have made the basic skills easy for me. I think I struggled with all of the things you mentioned. Try not to be to hard on yourself and do hang in there, the doubt and uncertainty you feel now will pass.

Cheers

Graham

Hey BlaYou just need to install a B$%@ s%%^ Filter.....

If I do that only half the reply's would be seen, hey that would actually be good:thumb_up:

Clint, never let the truth get in the way of a good story:loopy:

If I do that only half the reply's would be seen, hey that would actually be good:thumb_up:Clint, never let the truth get in the way of a good story:loopy:

I like talking about aircraft and I'm a friendly guy, all the guys I go flying with like me, and if you think I'm full of it, that's fine. you are entitled to feel that way. but this is getting very boring. I'm sorry you win.

Ive met plenty of mates on this forum and enjoy being here, If you don't like me, that's your problem.

Anyway, I don't have time to argue, I have friends to make and BS stories to make up.

I like talking about aircraft and I'm a friendly guy, all the guys I go flying with like me, and if you think I'm full of it, that's fine. you are entitled to feel that way. but this is getting very boring. I'm sorry you win.Ive met plenty of mates on this forum and enjoy being here, If you don't like me, that's your problem.

Anyway, I don't have time to argue, I have friends to make and BS stories to make up.

It's all good Clint, I don't have an issue with you. I like talking on here aswell just good threads should equal good reply's. There is the NES for spinning tall ones so please don't ruin them.

Cheers:off topic: