Putting together a kit

shags_j

Hey all,

Does anyone know of an article or site that shows what basic skills and equipment you would need to put together a kit? I'm not talking drifter here but something like an RV7 or sea ray.

maybe a pipe dream for someone like myself but worth looking at.

Cheers,

Shags

there is an RV tool kit that has everything needed to build an RV, have a look at the Vans airforce web site. There should be an add on the side for avery tools or sometiming like that.

Thanks guys. That website is awesome. Just what I was after.

I'm really jsut an accountant and never had much experience mechanically. Just wanted to know if this was an unachievable dream of if I might actually be able to do it one day.

Cheers,

Shags

befor you jump on the RV band wagon, have a look at the latest issue of Recreational Aviation, Feb09 and have a look at the the Lightning. Web site http://www.lightningaircraft.com.au they even make reference to it being alot quicker to build than the RV kits. When you way up the cost, it will be cheaper, and its the highest performance ultra-light you can get. Some people spend 20+ year building RV's, I can't see this kit taking a tenth of that time.

That's allright. The short amount of research I have done so far points to me far too useless to be able to do this myself. INteresting to look at though.

EDIT: Hey those lightning kits look easy to build...

Guest Maj Millard

The RV-6 and 7s are are serious build projects, but that is not to say that "regular" people don't build them, because hundreds have. Even with all the support in the world, it is still akin to building the equivient of say a Piper Cherokee 140. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

LOL He has stopped. He will get the bug again. will endeavor to get pics tomorrow. Cant wait to start mine. He stopped a while ago due to buying a long eze. now he sold it he has re-kindled his energy towards it.

As I said I will build 2 of them. 1 for me and 1 just because the tooling will be there.

Guest Maj Millard

The figures at one point said that only around 15% of original kit purchases, actually finished their kits to completion. I would assume that means a lot of unfinished kits still around, or a lot sold as partly completed. Does take a commitment, and a supportive spouse..................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif