Hangarage wanted!!!!!!!

Guest keeffe

Hi Recco's I am moving from NSW to sunny QLD.

I will be requiring hangarage to be accessible from Goodna region.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Hi Keeffe,

Two years ago a friend of ours who lives at Ipswich said there was a light aircraft club about 25 kms south of town but could not give me exact details.

One of the forum members who is an Army Engineering Officer lives in that area so hopefully he will jump on and give you the details.

Bob.

Guest Maj Millard

See I told you they were all moving to Queensland, now even in the poll with Vic. Just leave the VB at home , we have real beer up here...............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest pelorus32
See I told you they were all moving to Queensland, now even in the poll with Vic. Just leave the VB at home , we have real beer up here...............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Maj,

Victorians moving to Queensland is a good thing - it raises the IQ of both States.

Regards

Mike

From Goodna the nearest would prbably be Boonah (61km) straight down the Cunningham Hwy or possibly Watts Bridge, North(ish).

Nothing conveniently located, but Boonah would probably be the go - check the Boonah Flying Tigers Club website.

Guest Cloudsuck

Yes Boonah would be the airfield he is talking about. However, there is no hangarage with a long list of people wanting to get in.

Hi,

I rang the people we know at Ipswich it appears the airstrip he was talking about is privately owned. He did say Boonah or Redcliff are the only closest ones he knows about. There was a push about 5 years ago to the local council to build a strip close to town, land was allocated but he has not heard anything more of it, he was going to learn to fly then.

Bob.

Guest Cloudsuck
Hi,I rang the people we know at Ipswich it appears the airstrip he was talking about is privately owned. He did say Boonah or Redcliff are the only closest ones he knows about. There was a push about 5 years ago to the local council to build a strip close to town, land was allocated but he has not heard anything more of it, he was going to learn to fly then.

Bob.

The trouble is that anything that close to town (Ipswich) is within the Amberley Control/Restricted area. You will need a PPL and a flight plan or clearance and transponder to use it. There is a private strip at Willowbank (inside the zone) not sure if they were talking about that. It is used for parachute ops on weekends when the zone is not active. The strip is potholed bitumen and over grown grass at the edges. I don't like going in there.