Jab fuel tank monitor

Guest Nelson Smith

Guest Nelson Smith

I have just fitted a car reversing camera and screen to our SP.This allows the last 30L of fuel to be seen.Cost $104 but I know they can be purchased for $87 from Supercheap Autos.Fitting is a cinch,even though the tank has to come out to have a bracket fibreglassed to the rear of it.I also replaced over due fuel lines.It is a real top mod to the aircraft.

Nelsonjpg.gif

DSC02499.jpg.a2336bc636cb7ddfd6a86f23e8773184.jpg

Guest Nelson Smith

Hi Bilby,

The monitor is fitted with velcro on the small shelf behind the passenger's head.This reduces wiring length between the camera and monitor,and it can be seen very easily by the Pilot.I also made up a much shorter power lead with plugs from Dick Smith and purchased a 1.5 metre audio lead from them also.This is the video lead.

Nelson

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sparrow

Thanks Nelson,The very thing I have been chasing;however Im having trouble getting the bits and pieces,except in complete Auto installation form,costing around $250 from Cheap Auto,can you advise the separate units that you used? Big Bird

Guest Nelson Smith

Hi Big Bird,

The units that I used came as a kit from Super Cheap.I paid $104 but a couple of mates got theirs for $87,same place a couple of weeks later.There were two models, both called Car Reversing Cameras, one a hard wired kit, and the other a wireless kit.We chose the hard wired job as we didn't want to risk rf interferance to radio,Transponder, or Auto Pilot.

I fibreglassed a bracket to the back of the fuel tank which stood the camera off the tank by 12 cm.

Hope this info helps

Nelson