Narrandera Leeton happenings

Ross

Hi All

What aircraft from Narrandera flew over Leeton twice around 18:30 this afternoon and disturbed my snooze after a couple of glasses? keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Next time tell me so I can get a better view!

You should know by now that I cannot sleepthrough the sound of a light aircraft engine particularly if it sounds like and lookes like a Jabiru. :)

Regards Ross

speaking of sightings, who was the lucky bastard or woman flying a trike over stockton, in the newcastle area at around dusk. not only was the sunset beautiful, but it was accentuated in its beauty with a trike flying over the beaches, and a P51 Mustang departing Williamtown.....

all this happened around 3 weeks ago.... the trike obviously didnt depart williamtown!

Some selected passages from the Leeton Irrigator paper of Oct 24 2006:

According to todays Leeton paper:

"The contractor, Airservices Australia , has recently inspected the runway cable and associated lighting and has provided a costing of $1000,000 (for them) to undertake replacement of the cabling and transformers.(at Leeton Narrandera Airport)

According to todays Leeton paper:

"Shell Australia has now announced itintends to remove the fuel facility for the airport in early 2007, including the recently upgraded pump and underground fuel tanks." (new regulations)

".....conversion to an above ground operation woulld cost between $50,000 and $70,000".

"Narrandera Council is proposing to defer resealing works at the airport until next financial year."

"The estimate for the replacement of runway lighting will be accepted, but negotiations with Shell will continue for the replacement of the fuel facilities, with up to $42,000 being funded depending on the outcome."

Regards

Ross

Hi Ross,

You do have sharp eyes - yes that was it, Jabiru 4815, a J230C with me at pointy end!

Flew the pants off it today and as I type this one of the other guys is doing circut work.

Some interesting comings and goings during the day

Rex - Saab 340

Flinders University - a very very expensive powered glider

Barry Mayne - Cobra (For Sale if anyones interested)

Citation jet - It went down to Melbourne and was back in les then two hours.

High & Low Technams

and a few others besides......

It looks like a fair bit of movement a Narrandera with money allocated for resealing the main runway, security fencing, CCT secuirty sytem to name a few.

Hope they dont ramp up the landing/hangar fees once this is said and done 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Hi Roger

My mother passed away in Carrama 1, the non mobile part of gereatric part of Leeton District Hospital, yesterday at 13:25. She had been there for 9 years and previously in Narrandera Nursing home. A complicated story which I might tell you more about later.

Anyway today with a few members of my family here from Sydney and I just heard another brother from Sydney has arrived as well. Well those pesky Narrandera planes have been flying over or within view of our place again. I reckon there were at least 12 circuits of Leeton by a plane with a rego ending in something like 365. I wish I was up there.

Anyway regards to all RAA flyers.

I must get back to family committments

Regards

Ross

Hi Ross,

Sorry to hear the news about your mother. No matter how expected the passing of someone close may be it always rocks you, especially someone as close as your Mum. I guess she must have been of a pretty good age.

Thinking of you during this difficult time.

Paul

Sorry to hear about your Mum. My condolences to both you and family during this difficult time.

I will catch up with you soon.

Kindest regards

Roger

• 6 months later...

Leeton Aviators Club (welcomes all types of flyers) will have its monthly meeting on Sunday 20th May presumably starting about 11 am followed by a barbecue lunch. The meetings are normally on 3rd Sunday of the month.

Leeton Aviators Club is a renaming of the Leeton Gliding Club to emphasise that it welcomes all interested in flying into its ranks.

Last Sunday, I was surprised to see from my place on the Northern edge of Leeton a T tailed motor glider take off a number of times from the Brobenah airstrip and return shortly for a landing. So I drove out 5 km to investigate. John Mason's fibre glass twin seater Dimona motor glider had arrived and was busy making a couple of people legal to fly it - not including John at this stage.

Norm Raworth was in attendance with his Jabiru available for flying.

Another Jabiru powered aircraft was in attendance with the owner seeking a tail wheel endorsement on it.

Regards