• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bq93

How is the market for a used Savannah S?

Guest bq93

I have a chance to buy a 2012 factory built Savannah S and I'm trying to get an idea on value.  Only around 700 hours on the Rotax 912ULS2, and loaded (Garmin 430w, Dynon Skyview, dual toe brakes, long range tanks, etc.).  Owner is a great friend and I'm sure he will make a deal, but I want it to be fair to both parties.  I'm in the US but any observations would be greatly appreciated.

Price will be very much a local market thing, and I would think quite varied from country to country. I would certainly not want to guess at what would be an appropriate price in the US.

What I can tell you is that there are an increasing number under construction here in NZ, they are rarely available second hand, and sell readily when they do appear. I'm guessing this is due to increasing interest in bush flying, and the good all-round reputation of the Savannah.

Guest bq93

Anyone?  Closest I've been able to find is a couple of Zeniths at around $45000 USD.

Guest bq93

Thank you sir.  I think that's pretty fair for the airplane.