CQ Newbie

Guest wrecker69

Guest wrecker69

Hi Everyone,

VERY VERY new to this flying caper but wanted to fly for years.

At long last had a TIF,got the bug real bad,got my student kit,and rearing to go!

As I'm preparing to start training, any hints, tips, and advice would be most welcome.

P.S. Luuuuuvvvv the forums!!

Guest David C

Mate ..... Just go out and enjoy your flying , thats what it's all about . One bit of advise I would give , don't set yourself a target regarding hours . You will solo when your instructor knows your ready , whether it's at 10 or 20hrs , it doesn't matter . If you set strict targets you may get a bit frustrated . Everyone is different and learn at differnt rates . So remember ..... ENJOY every second . Best of luck .

Dave

Welcome to the sky mate. You've got some frustrations and some elations to look forward to but just take it one step at a time and enjoy every moment. There are some moments of magic ahead for you.

David

Hi Philip, welcome aboard and I will join everyone else here and say enjoy your stay!

I am rather envious of you as I would love to go through all that again, the excitement of the first landing without the instructor touching anything, walking 10ft high after your first solo, hitting the books (well maybe not that so much) and when the day does come that you sit your licence test, just relax, enjoy it and know that you have earned it!

Please keep us all informed each step of the way.

Hi Philip .as a fairly recent member of this forum I wish you all the very best in your flying career I have just passed the test for my licence last week, for me it has taken 9 months about 30 hrs of actual flying, the book work for me was the most difficult as i am much older than you and it takes longer to digest it all,However you have to stick with it, Try and do it in a short space of time rather than prolonged intervals as you tend to forget what you learned last time and you spend too much time revising and time is money Happy flying and above all enjoy Mike

Guest Vigilant

Hi Phillip

I am in a similar boat as you as I have only just started along the path, my only advice is find a good school and stick with it - I changed out of necessity (location) and it has disrupted things a little - onwards and upwards - welcome!