Where would you like to go today

Admin

Assume unlimited capabilities by the pilot/aircraft to go anywhere where would it be?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Assume unlimited capabilities by the pilot/aircraft to go anywhere where would it be?

• Somewhere tropical (Tahiti, or the equivalent).
    • A mountain strip near a ski resort.
    • Make that mountain strip near a lake in New Zealand.
    • The South Pole (or someplace adventurous).
    • The outback with nothing more then a tent, food and water.
    • OTHER (Nothing like any of these choices!) - please post a comment

We've tackled some pretty heavy topics in the polls on this site for a while now, so let's engage in a little desert island thinking.

Trips, some of us are going to Avalon, some are going to Natfly at Easter time and unfortunately some of us are unable to get away at all...but if you could, where would you go?

Guest palexxxx

I'd like to be flying in to an airpark like the one pictured in this link.

Turkey Mountain Airpark Photos

After parking the plane in my hangar I'd go into the house to light the log fire and then pick up the fly rod to see if I could bother some trout in the nearby lake.

I'd like to be flying in to an airpark like the one pictured in this link. Turkey Mountain Airpark Photos

After parking the plane in my hangar I'd go into the house to light the log fire and then pick up the fly rod to see if I could bother some trout in the nearby lake.

That is so much like Camden Haven:

Welcome To Camden Haven Airfield.

Nothing better then combining my 2 favourite pastimes.... Flying and camping outback in the red dust. I have a wife but that is not a pastime alright?;)

I dream of having an aircraft I can trailer on the big lap of the island when I retire. Can you picture it..... Pull up after a day on the road, set up the aircraft and spend an hour late in the day just snoozing around checking the place out - heaven! Of course a Winnebago would be better in this scenario:laugh:

Guest Brett Campany

Anywhere along the WA coastline!! I'd love to start from Esperance and work my way around to the WA / NT boarder. There's so many amazing campsites, landing strips and the scenery is just stunning!

when i finally get there..anywhere that has an aerodrome and a pub within close walking distance. The thing is the flying. Right now Lake Eyre is a goer, then there is the kimberley. Thinking about a float plane for that adventure tho.

when i finally get there..anywhere that has an aerodrome and a pub within close walking distance. The thing is the flying. Right now Lake Eyre is a goer, then there is the kimberley. Thinking about a float plane for that adventure tho.

Watch out for the crocs in the Kimberley Skybum or your bum might be in a croc:laugh:

if (when) i win lotto or Powerball, i want to buy Camden Haven, and turn it into a Marina/air park.

everyone in a boat or aircraft is welcome!

My Sig picture is my Vampire taken at the Inaugural Recreational flying flyin at Camden haven.

The outback

I want to fly the "outback". Put the fold up bike and tent in the back and away we go to who knows where the weather, curiosity and Gods will take us?

The idea of a warm clear day, a cold beer at night, a beautiful scene to ponder over and other people to chat to is all we really need don`t you think?

• 1 year later...
Nothing better then combining my 2 favourite pastimes.... Flying and camping outback in the red dust. I have a wife but that is not a pastime alright?;)I dream of having an aircraft I can trailer on the big lap of the island when I retire. Can you picture it..... Pull up after a day on the road, set up the aircraft and spend an hour late in the day just snoozing around checking the place out - heaven! Of course a Winnebago would be better in this scenario:laugh:

I saw someone in Victoria last summer who had that setup. Decent sized camper van, sail furled up on the roof, and trike on a trailer towed behind. Didn't get a chance to find out any more.

rgmwa

:keen:Oh Ian you just had to do this! - I've been trying to find a way to redesign my life to wake up to this more days than not.

A mountain strip in Italy or Canada, Evans Head on a foggy summer's morning, watts at sunrise, Pacific Haven or Camden Haven at Sunset. Then Noccundra after a long days outback flying having a beer at the pub.

You all know what I mean.keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gifkeen.gif.7777ed0d05dcd20861d93166f822038e.gif

Why do we have to choose? I want to go to all those places (plus more!). Having been watching Le Tour all night for the last few weeks (and dragging around work barely awake during the days), I'd love to fly through some of those valleys. They are just awesome. Then again, who could go past Lake Eyre, Uluru and the Bungle Bungles for contrast. Hmmm... Then again, landing on a deserted beach in the Whitsundays wouldn't be exactly painful either. Oh, the choices!

Right now, this morning - nothing too exotic, something slow and open out to Straddie, along the beach to Moreton and fetching up at the Tangalooma strip at Cowan Cowan. Walk down the beach, see who is lurking at anchor at the wrecks, swim n snorkel and then a bite of lunch at the resort. Meander home in time for the rest of the clan to get back from school/work whatever!

I've been to France, just got back from Bali, nothing beats packing up the car and heading north (from Adelaide). Being a country boy, I can't help returning to the country to do some fishing/camping/have the odd beverage etc etc. Now with my rec license, it's even better. We are the lucky country too by the way.