Avalon Plane Damage - Fighting Fund

Guest Cloudsuck

Guest Cloudsuck

I with the help of board member John McKeown and RAAus have established a fighting fund which will be established at RAAus so we can all donate whatever we can afford to the members who have had their planes written off while on RAAus display at Avalon.

John has advised (direct from the RAAus Treasurer) that a bank account has been established. All funds raised will go directly toward the victims and none will be used in administration fees etc.

The banks account details are available in this thread. I believe that they will be up on the RAAus website.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

We need donations and marketing. Please give what ever you can afford and be sure to tell your mates, pass the hat around at your local club meetings, hold a local BBQ etc.

CIRCUMSTANCES

On the weekend of the Avalon Airshow, a group of dedicated members flew to Avalon and put their aircraft on display for US, the RAAus members. While at the airshow, a significant weather event has occurred resulting in some planes being written of beyond repair or not for economical repair. Some or all aircraft were not insured.

raalogo.png.ff5bfbcd6cc8901d6b688b9e075ea69e.png

Guest Cloudsuck

RAAus Account Details

The RAAus account details are as below:

Westpac Bank

BSB. 032 747

ACCOUNT No. 187519

ACCOUNT NAME: Members support fund

Or call RAAus on 02 6280 4700 if you wish to help out.

Guest Franksy1

Gday Guys, My plane was smashed at Avalon also, The wind was SO strong that it damaged the top wings on my Biplane from the huge wind load before it tore the 3star pickets from the ground. A good indication of just how strong the wind must have been. Then it was dumped on its nose and Lh main and Lh lower wing. smashing all three. The RH lower wing landed on top of a Jab wing tip smashing a few ribs. Lucky the jab got out with just a few scratches in the Gelcoat.

So Im up for a rebuild on 4 wings, an engine cowl, Cowl mounts, oil cooler. And Under carriage, Well thats all I've found so far. I am going to rebuild ,,,, it might take a while and $$$$ but it will fly again.

• 6 months later...
Guest Franksy1
Frank, So sad to see. I watch you build that from trailer flier to a real fine plane. all the best and I hope you get to see some of the funds.

Gday Guys,,,, Its been a hard slog since Avalon but,,,,Woo Hoo My Renegade flies again !!! With 4 rebuilt and covered wings, New main undercarriage legs and some repairs to the Fues and engine cowl. Gee Its good to be back in the air. Done some test flights last week and some today then done some Circuits with my wife Annette, She had gone solo it it just before Avalon and hasnt flown since. She was a little shaky but she still done some nice landings. A few more circuits and she will be on the ball again.

Pete

Guest Cloudsuck

Yes that is great news. Unfortunately the fund was poorly marketed by RAAus and only raised in the vicinity of $200. Out of that, I put in $50 and I know another mate who put in $100. The remaining $50 came from others. Pretty poor effort.

Gday Guys,,,, Its been a hard slog since Avalon but,,,,Woo Hoo My Renegade flies again !!! With 4 rebuilt and covered wings, New main undercarriage legs and some repairs to the Fues and engine cowl. Gee Its good to be back in the air. Done some test flights last week and some today then done some Circuits with my wife Annette, She had gone solo it it just before Avalon and hasnt flown since. She was a little shaky but she still done some nice landings. A few more circuits and she will be on the ball again. Pete

Great to hear that you're back in the air again :thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

My heart went out to you and the others involved when I saw the pictures.

Kind regards

Planey

Effort.

If that is the total of contributions, it is a tad disappointing to say the least. It was a pretty freakish accident that no-one could have anticipated. These guys go there to "show the flag", and under the circumstances, and where the extent of individual damage is considerable, more should have been done to promote the fund, and perhaps a bit from general revenue. Shows such as Avalon attract large numbers of potential participants in RAAus... Nev.