Aviation Heritage Museum, Perth

Well since I've been grounded (what the hell, blame the global financial crisis ;) ) for the last few months I went down to the aviation Heritage Museum in Bullcreek, Perth for my aviation fix.

All I can say is wow, can't believe that has been there all this time and I haven't gone down for a look. Most impressed by the restored Lancaster bomber and the Spitfire, and a Catalina - also a huge range of other aircraft in two huge hangars incl tiger moths, dakotas, Canberra bomber, Vampire, flying tea... too many to mention, was like a kid again, if you're at all intersted in aviation, or history then go down and have a look. It is staffed by volunteers who all seem to be ex RAAF with a lifetime of experience and some great stories.. get down there you won't regret it

Guest Brett Campany

I know Mike went down there a couple of weeks back and I haven't been in about 15 years. Best I make an effort to head down or even make it a WA event to get a few members down there. I know Mike will come down again.

Anyone up for that?

Guest mike_perth

I would love to go again maybe without SWMBO who I must admit was very well behaved and didnt complain once but I kept thinkin she must be getting bored so better hurry up

If anyone wants to do a WA meet maybe we could go there and then head to the Kardinya Tavern for a meal and a beer or three - Just a suggestion!

Guest Brett Campany

I'm keen as mustard for that mate, some of the guys at work might come along as well.

Shall we set a date?