Any Young Guns??

TopGun

G'day there,

My name's Jarryd and 16 years old. So far, have nothing to do with flying, although spent a year in AAFC (Australian Air Force Cadets) but i definitely want to become a RAAF Pilot!

I would love to hear from people who have done a bit of travelling in their aircraft, as it would have to be one of my life goals, travel the world in my own plane!!

Thanks heaps (Please REPLY)

Jarryd!024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

G'day Jarryd, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the site...

Mate you will get blown away with this site, and you will be glad you found it if you like anything that fly's:thumb_up::thumb_up:

Your 16, well I'm 17and a bit and have just started my flight training a month or so ago, have got about 8 hrs up flying a Drifter aircraft (Awesome fun:thumb_up:). I go for another lesson tomorrow and will be mastering my landings hopefully:blush:...

Have fun,

Guest Brett Campany

G'day mate, you'll love it here, being a part of RAAus is the cheapest way of getting airborne and it's also the best way of getting real hands on experience. Check out some of your local RAAus schools and have a good chat to some of the instructors.

Good luck mate!

G'day all,

Thanks for the update, i'll be sure to shop around. I also had another question. Tomo, you mentioned flying in Drifters, is this you instructers aircraft which you learn in? Does anyone own an aircraft outright and gimme some advice on getting one of my own?? Obviously i'd be looking for something cheap. Does anyone recommend any particular aircraft for beginners? I'd love to go for a two seater and fly my mum/dad/friends around too, but i'm not sure if it's practical price-wise, fuel-wise, transport-wise. If you know what I mean?]

Love to hear from you all,

Jarryd.!.

G'day Jarryd....

The Drifter I'm training in is the instructors...

Now I don't no much about owning an aircraft, because I don't yet...but hope to in time to come...

But a Drifter for instance, you can pick up a pretty good one for about 10-15k, But then you got to remember maintenance costs every so often, or you can do a lot of it yourself if you get some training for it...

But I would get training with your instructor in his aircraft first, and that way you can sort of get a feel for what you might like to own down the track...and that way, your also using his undercarriage when learning to land;)

Hope this helps,