I Went SOLO

OK well I can't get the grin off my face 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Last Sat my instructor stated that it was my turn. Being ill and tired I didn't take the opportunity but this afternoon was the afternoon.

Despite the Ambulances being there (very off putting) it was great.

Now I have to wait. Two weeks till I can fly again as the instructor heads overseas!!

Still stoked and high on adrenaline

Bec 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Congrats:hug:

I couldnt stop nervously giggling my first time around the circuit..not until i realised i better land the thing..

Great work..it only keeps getting better.I sit my XC test tomorrow, so if a pass that it opens up a whole new world..

Enjoy the ride:thumb_up:

Guest Brett Campany

Well done Bec, that's awesome news!! Just wait now until you get to go solo in the training area!

Guest drizzt1978

Congrats!!! Didn't hit me till I was at the shopping center about two hours after, then I just started laughing and grinning!!! People were looking at me like i was on drugs!!

I can't stop smiling and being at work where I am meant to be grumpy doesn't help :big_grin:

I have been reading articles on planes and dreaming of the next flight.

How am I meant to concentrate on educating children and running a school??

Bec

Congratulations Bec, I bet you're telling everyone you meet, aren't you? Now, about flying with a cold, be careful. When you sneeze, you are TOTALLY out of control. Might be a good idea to release the column or yoke while you try to blow your brains out from inside.

Happy flying my friend, and keep those kids under control as well.

Congratulations Bec, it's a great feeling knowing you did it by yourself.

But as Brett said when you get to fly for more than just a circuit it really sinks in just how enjoyable it is flying the A/craft around the sky all by your little old self.

Guest Brett Campany
Yes I am telling everyone although they don't seem as thrilled as I am.... :confused:Bec

Yeah I got that to, all except Mike and the guys at work. Only people who fly really understand what going solo's all about!

Guest mike_perth

Exactly

Once again Brett, My grandfather (Ex RAF Engineer and Pilot) and the guys at the flying school really appreciate what its actually like but then again who cares we know what its like and we love it and we know what everyone else is missing out on!:thumb_up:

• 2 weeks later...

Withdrawl Symptoms

Well now its withdrawls,,, my instructor went over to NZ for the past few weeks.

I know I have it bad, been reading everything and anything on flying and awaiting a call to say he is back.....

Guest Brett Campany
Well now its withdrawls,,, my instructor went over to NZ for the past few weeks.I know I have it bad, been reading everything and anything on flying and awaiting a call to say he is back.....

Is there another instructor that could take you up Bec? I found having more than one instructor really good.

Plus you've done your solo, no chance of getting some more solo time up?