Coldstream celebrations

Guest Ken deVos

Guest Ken deVos

After a successful Yarrawonga fly-in last weekend, is anyone attending the Coldstream celebrations? Details below and on their web page....

Royal Victorian Aero Club - Event Item

Spit roast, Sunday 5 April, 12 noon till stumps. This is an event to celebrate RVAC operating a flying school at Coldstream (both RA and GA) with our own Chief Flying Instructor. Fly in or drive in - all welcome. If you would like to contribute, please bring a plate of salad or sweets.

Guest Mad Dave

Might be woth a look. Ashamed to say I live about 10 mins away by car, and have never even been there for a sticky beak. One of my mates trained there though.

Guest Ken deVos
Is there fuel available at either Coldstream or Lillydale?

AvGas is available at Coldstream with credit card. MoGas if you're very quick in the car park.

Guest Mad Dave

Lilydale Airport is a Fixed Base Operator and can provide everything a visitor arriving by air needs:

* AVGAS payment by cash, cheque or credit card/EFTPOS (no carnet)

Cheers,

Dave

Ive got to sit my XC prac test tomorrow..Maybe if i pass, that can be my first day out on my own..I might pick up dad at Lilydale, head to tooradin to get a coffee and some fresh seafood, then head back to coldstream for a look, then back home..:thumb_up:

I just gotta pass the bloody thing!091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

Guest Mad Dave

Simonflyer,

It looks like the weather should behave itself for you anyhow. Just remember to double check everything when you are planning, and you'll be right! (Your instructor is bound to put a "booby trap" or two in there for you.

Dave

Guest Ken deVos

Woooow, must have lost the thread in an air pocket....

SimonFlyer, I hope the XC flight test goes, or went well and that you & your dad can make it to Colds. I am sure Nathan or Sue would have plenty of encouragement and advice if you do make the trip.